“Fab for a triple! Almost a suite. Good location before cruise.”

Ranked #156 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Fab for a triple! Almost a suite. Good location before cruise.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We had a triple, husband, son, & myself. One King & a twin in a side room (no door) with window & open style closet approx 3-4meters/yards long (length of the side room ) & safe. So there is a bit more privacy vs beds side by side in most triples.

New flat screens, bedding, towels. Sink by the king bed, toilet & shower in bathroom. So great in the morning when getting ready to tour the streets of BARCELONA. Newer duvet bedding with a modern feel are the types of hotels I look for, especially in Europe.

We walked everywhere, even to Picasso's museum, church, & park. Only 5-10 walk to a the tour buses & Cafe Zurich. We stayed 3 nights before a med cruise.

Approx 10-15 walk to the Market. Off to a side street, not noisy, felt comfortable & safe walking at night, we walked as late at 11 pm. We only took taxi from airport & to cruise terminal (Luggages).

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank juicyVegasGirl
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Sirs,

First of all I'd like to thank you very much for the time you took to writte this great post about our hotel Regina in Barcelona.

It is a real pleasure to see that your stay in our triple room was as comfortable as you wanted, all our family rooms for 3 or 4 are really big. Sometimes it is difficult to find in the city centre, comfort, quality and easy access to all city attractions.

Please do not hesitate contact me directly if you never decide come back to Barcelona, it will be my pleasure assist you personally, you can contact me at mbanon@grhoteles.com .

Hotel Regina Barcelona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lake Bluff, Illinois
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We spent three nights at the Hotel Regina after four nights at the Hotel Regina. While they have the same name, I don't think they are related. However there are a lot of similarities. The hotel is in a great location near the Plaza de Catalunya (stops for the airport buses and tour buses), Las Ramblas, and some great restaurants. The staff is fantastic, very patient and wonderful with recommendations in excellent English. One restaurant that they recommended was our favorite, Ciudad Condal. They had a nice little bar downstairs and a Starbucks round the corner. The rooms are not lavish, but were clean and spacious and so were the bathrooms. If we ever make it back to Barcelona we will be at the Regina!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ty3
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon some time ago (finally getting around to writing a review!!) Having travelled from Australia we decided to stay in a nice hotel for the 5 days we were in Barcelona and couldn't have chosen a better hotel. This hotel had come recommended to us and it definitely lived up to expectations. The rooms were lovely and the bed comfortable, but the best part was the location of the hotel. Right in the middle of all the attractions it was easy walking distance for sightseeing as well as dining out with many choices very close by. We only needed to use transport once or twice during our stay (to get to Parc Guell and for a sightseeing bus tour) as all other places were easy to reach on foot. Would love to go back someday and explore the city further and would stay at Hotel Regina again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ms. and Mr. Kombi 10;

First of all I'd like thank you very much your comment about our Hotel Regina Barcelona unless you stayed some time ago.
I'm really happy to see that your honeymoon was fantastic and that we as part of your trip made your days in Barcelona unforgettable.
As you mention we are right in the centre, and from us everything is near by.
Obviously, if you decide come back to Barcelona (maybe to celebrate your wedding anniversary) it will be a real pleasure to manage your reservation personally.

Staten Island,New York
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Hotel Regina for three nights in July, 2011 post cruise. While reminiscing about our stay I realized that I had never written a review about this gem of a hotel in the heart of Barcelona. I corresponded with the hotel General Manager Meritixell Banon, and she guided me through the whole reservation process and answered all of my questions and addressed all of my concerns . We arrived early morning from our cruise and were pleasantly surprised to find our sparkling clean rooms were ready(room 410 I believe, the best in the house! Thanks Meritixall). Hotel staff were extremely helpful, they recommended we use the hop on hop off bus to see this beautiful city as well suggesting a couple of great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. In fact it seemed that everything was within walking distance(bus, Las Ramblas ,restaurants) of this centrally located, yet quiet hotel. The only cab ride was a five minute one to Barcelona’s beautiful beach. In closing, I’d again like to again commend Meritxell and her staff for making our stay in Barcelona one that we will never forget! Hopefully we will be booking a room very soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 2ofussharingrainbows
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Sirs,

Thank you so much for your so kind comment.
We all have the commitment to make our guests stay pleasant and comfortable, then it is not difficult for us due to we love 5 star service unless we are a 4 star.

As you say that you'll be back, please, contact me directly at mbanon@grhoteles.com, I'll do all my best for helping you again.

Best regards,

South Wales
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed here 9-12th February. Lovely hotel just a 15minute drive from Barcelona Airport. Arrived early in the day and pleasantly surprised to find our room ready for us. First impressions were good, hotel reception immaculate and receptionist very polite and spoke excellent English. Receptionist really helpful with information for travel arrangements. Room had 2 double beds and a foldout bed for our son. Room a good size with Plenty of room for us to move about. Bathroom facilities good. Good size tv. Only downside with regards the room was there were no tea/coffee making facilities. However, there is a Starbucks next door to the hotel which is very convenient. Did not take advantage of the hotel breakfast as seemed a little expensive for 16euros each. There are plenty of bars and cafes within walking distance for meals. Hotel is situated at the bottom of La Ramla at the square. Hotel is tucked away from the hustle and bustle though and we did not experience any noise in the hotel. We did the City sightseeing bus tour which was good (Sagrada Familia absolutely breathtaking) and used the Metro (stop is right by the hotel) with ease and is very cheap. Did the tour of the Barca FC Camp Nou stadium which was good for any footie fans. There is a Hard Rock Cafe within walking distance of the hotel, our meal was good there but quite expensive (but we expected to pay over the odds!) Plenty to do in this area, shopping is great, lots of bars, restaurants and fast food places. All in all we had a lovely trip and this hotel was perfect for us. Thank you Hotel Regina!

Room Tip: Room 101 was a good quiet family room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RMP876
Appreciated Sr.;

First of all I want to thank the time you took to write about our hotel Regina Barcelona on Tripadvisor and your stay in our city.
Thank you so much for your kind words about our service, staff and attention. Day by day we work to improve a little more.

If you ever decide to return to Barcelona, do not hesitate to contact me directly, it will be a pleasure to help in whatever you could need. You can contact me directly at mbanon@grhoteles.com

Best regards,

Baltimore, USA
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Hotel Regina is a very comfortable and well located property in Barcelona Spain. We are a family of six and found the hotel very accommodating and comfortable. They allowed us to put the four kids in one room leaving my wife and I to enjoy an evening of quiet sleep! The hotel was well located for our four day visit to Barcelona and allowed us to walk to many of the spots we wanted to visit. I recommend the hotel to families and those looking for an upscale property that won't break the bank.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for your kind comment about our Hotel Regina in Barcelona.
It is a little bit dificult find family rooms at the city center of Barcelona, our rooms are really big to allocate families of 3 or 4, and we welcome families to stay with us.
Please do not hesitate contact me directly at mbanon@grhoteles.com in case you decide come back to Barcelona, it will be my pleasure manage your reservation personaly.

Nokesville, Virginia
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Though I have not stayed at this hotel I will be on April 20, 2013 post cruise. I wrote an Email to the hotel and had an answer the next morning that answered any questions I had regarding this hotel. The best rate for this hotel came directly from the Hotel Regina websight. I have been to Barcelona several times on a cruise, but this will be my first stay. I am looking forward to my stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
GrupoReginaHoteles, Director General at Hotel Regina Barcelona, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Sirs;

First of all I'd like thank you very much your comment about our hotel Regina in Barcelona.
Please do not hesitate contact me directly in case you require further assistance for your next stay in our hotel. It will be my pleasure assist you personaly for all needs you could have. You can contact me at mbanon@grhoteles.com