“Very Comfortable”

Ranked #152 of 729 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
New York City, New York
“Very Comfortable”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed in MH apartment center for 3 nights. The apartments were very very nice and in great condition. There was ample space and it was really nice to also be able to do your laundry while traveling. The apartment is right next to a busy street, but amazingly I couldn't hear anything. The double pane windows were very soundproof. The location was great as it was not a far walk to Sant Antoni metro station. It is also about a 15-20 minute walk to La Ramblas. The checkin is a little strange as you have to get in and scan your passport at the kiosk on the 1st floor. There is no receptionist. It took us a long time to figure it out because someone had opened up the wrong program on the kiosk terminal. Finally, I had to call customer service and they remote desktop'd into the terminal and opened up the correct program for us to check in. Customer service was really great I must mention in helping us out. Fortunately, I had my phone which I was able to use internationally but I have no idea what I would have done if I didn't have a phone to use on me.

The only reason that I did not give this apartment 5 stars was during our entire stay there were some French teenagers that were staying in the room next to us. They would invite other friends over and slam the door and walls when getting very drunk. One suggestion is that MH Apartment city implement an age restriction. This would be good for the customers as well as MH, since it would limit damages incurred by drunked customers.

Overall, great stay and I would highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marcus232

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Recently got back from a five night stay at MH Apartments (Center) and have to say I was thoroughly impressed. I was one of a group of six adults and we all fit comfortably into the five single beds and one sofa bed.

The location is good, only a five minute walk from La Rambla and only a minute away from the nearest Metro station. There are plenty of local shops and cafes and some great restaurants / bars to be found on the nearby Carrer de la Riera Alta. The apartment itself was spotless and modern, the bathrooms being particularly impressive. It is also well equipped with washing machines, a fully stocked kitchen including coffee machine and free (and fast) wi-fi. My only tiny criticism is that the beds were not to my taste, I prefer a firm mattress whereas these are softer.

Overall I think for the price MH Apartments are brilliant and would fully recommend staying here. For groups especially it really adds to the overall atmosphere of the holiday being together and able to socialise in the living and dining area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed here as a group of 5 friends on a weekend break visiting friends in Barcelona, who arranged the booking for us. Exceeded our expectations in terms of the location, just 5 mins from the Barrio Gotico and decor which was stylish, simple and attractive. Spotlessly clean and well equipped kitchen including a very nice coffee machine. Perfect as a base in the city.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Charlie L
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I stayed in the MH Center apartment for two weeks in April and it was very nice. The kitchen had the basic cookware and flatware, and the apartment was comfortable and very clean. I too had issues with the key kiosk but they were quickly fixed by a representative that came by within 10-15 minutes. I would definitely use MH again on a subsequent visit to Barcelona

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank JBHIII
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 23, 2012

we stayed in these apartment in March this year. We had the larger apartment which slept 5 of us comfortably. It was spotless, very well equipped and tastefully furnished. A lovely sunny balcony was a nice bonus. The self check in system worked perfectly as we arrived very late. 15 mins walk to Las Rambla or €5 taxi ride. Highly recommend them.

Room Tip: 5 adults sleep comfortably in the large apartment. prob a bit tight for 7.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank bellaitalia75
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My friend and I had booked MH Apartments OPERA RAMBLA which is supposed to be situated on calle ferran 7. After arriving at the airport we made our way down to calle ferran off la Ramblas to look for our lodgings - after walking up and down the street multiple times we realized that calle ferran 7 was actually a pub! We were gobsmacked and on calling the "reception number" were told that Opera Ramblas was not on calle ferran, it was supposedly nearby but not near enough for us to walk, the receptionist on the phone suggested we take a taxi. When I asked her the address of wherever she wanted us to go she was extremely hesitant... She finally told us it was on Comte Burrell, on looking at our map we realized this was nowhere near la Ramblas, the place was in a completely different area near Sant Antoni. She suggested taking a taxi and MH would reimburse us later - how they planned to do this, I don't know. There would've been no face-to-face contact had it not been for our subsequent problems checking in using the automated machine. We took the metro to Sant Antoni anyway. Upon trying to check in using the automated machine, I had scanned my passport but no key was expelled through the machine & then my reservation was lost! We made calls to "reception" several times and I suspect I was hung up on a few times.. Finally an employee came and let us into our room and we realized from the hotel documents that we were at MH Apartments Center, not opera RAMBLA. Since we were only there for the weekend we didn't kick up a fuss but the whole thing left a very bitter taste in our mouths. Having said that, the apartment itself was beautiful with great amenities.

• Stayed February 2012