Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great overview; weak audio

Received a good overview of the city on the bus today. Started in the red route then shifted to... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Dave G
Cleveland, Ohio
via mobile
Great for seeing the city in a day

I really enjoyed this bus tour as the information on the audio was very informative, and it was a... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Emilygeorgiap
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Barcelona
from $33.82
from $33.82
from $34.95
from $43.97
2,468 results
All reviews day ticket hop on hop orange route top deck west route orange line green tour red bus route takes different routes bus routes audio commentary your bearings head phones several languages open top bus sagrada familia
Selected filters
Reviewed July 8, 2019 via mobile

This tour was on the red buses. We bought the 2day tickets, the 1st full day starts from the day you board
no matter what time you start. Buses are very frequent and plenty of seats upstairs and downstairs, the staff are able to control the number of people boarding when at more busier locations such as Basilica Sagrada Família.

There are two routes, one route goes through the more scenic route, the Poblenou area, the beach and Parc Guell. The other takes you to the magic fountain and Camp Nou. The first day we took both routes to scope out where to visit on the second day. Each tour lasts around 2hours non-stop. There’s plenty of photo opportunities too.

Reviewed July 6, 2019

There are lots of great sights on the routes, but there is a lot of traffic and the inside of the bottom of the level has poor air conditioning. Up top a little boy vomited and nothing was done to clean it, prevent it from spreading towards the shoes of other passengers, and it cooked in the heat, making for a nauseating ride.

Reviewed July 1, 2019 via mobile

I was kicked off the bus after re-boarding because my ticket had fallen out my pocket on the previous stop.
Despite showing the staff member my credit card receipt (which showed I’d purchased 2 days), my voucher book, my earphones and my map he shrugged his shoulders and forced me to get off at the next stop.
I was left stranded and forced to walk an hour back to my hotel.
It’s my mistake for losing my ticket but equally it’s easy for this to happen.
The staff had no interest in trying to help me.
Pathetic service.
There are other hop-on-hop services - rather use one that understands customer service.

Date of experience: July 2019
Ramón E, Gerente at Barcelona City Tour, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2019

Dear ShaunHew86,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Although I sincerely regret you were not able to enjoy our Barcelona City Tour for as long as you wished to, I would like to point out it is clearly written in our conditions that customers should keep their ticket with themselves at all times during the routes and that the loss or theft of the same does not entitle you to receive a new one. According to your comments, our staff put the correct procedure in place when refusing to take your receipt for the service.

Please note the below information is provided on our official website:

"Unfortunately, you can only board the bus with a valid ticket, and its loss or theft does not give rise to any entitlement to replacement or refund. No other forms of payment receipt or reused vouchers are accepted. Once you have acquired your ticket, you must keep it, as you must be able to show it both when boarding the bus and during routine checks. It is the customer’s responsibility to prove that he or she has been supplied with a ticket and, if this has not happened, to ask for one from our on-board staff when making the purchase."

Best regards,
Ramón E

Reviewed June 30, 2019 via mobile

Tours begin early, it's best to get on early as they can fill up pretty quickly. Ambika detailed tour of the significant areas in the city. Wifi was horrible, but having a chance to check out the city was amazing.

Reviewed June 30, 2019

As they say first impressions count the most and the company representative at stop 4 on the orange route (our point of joining tour 1) was not helpful . We did both two routes (orange and green) in one day and found both tour routes too long, even when not utilising the hop on and off functionality. Commentary frequently preceded or at worst failed to keep up with the bus location and perhaps the worst was the frequent promotion of another tour company presumably part of their organisation to view the actual sites.

The Green route also did not return us to our starting point and that was announced via the commentary with minimal warning I.e. as the bus pulled into the stop.

Both routes are long and stops of intersection between the two are few.
Suggest you try the other tourist hop on and off tour.

Dear Wendy R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our service.
I sincerely regret you found our routes to be too long. Please bear in mind the service covers the most important sights of the city of Barcelona, which are quite far from each other. The routes are meant to be the as effective as possible.

We do offer a 2 day ticket for those customers who wish to have more time to wander around the city. Moreover, our routes connect 3 times through the city for you to switch at any time you wish.

Best regards,