“Come here and leave happy.”
Review of Churreria Laietana

Churreria Laietana
Ranked #1 of 216 Dessert in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
toronto, canada
“Come here and leave happy.”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had a snack at this place on the way to the Palau Musica. Am I ever glad we stopped by. It's a small mom and pop operation with delicious food & drinks. We had the churros, the porras (fat churros with no ridges), hot chocolate and orange juice. The churros and porras were made on site. Super fresh. Goes fantastic with the hot chocolate that's super thick. Dunk 'em in, have a bite. Bliss. The oj was squeezed fresh from real oranges.

• Visited June 2013

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne
“Now I understand churros”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I never understood churros, nor thick hot chocolate before this experience. This made it all fall into place. Fresh crispy churros dipped into hot, thick but not overly sweet chocolate drink and I was hooked. Still dreaming about it. Don't expect a fancy setting, just a great spot without frills.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank JoLeeT
new york
“Fantastic churros”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Part of my mission during my visit to Barcelona was to chow down on some churros. I came across Churreria Laietana; a heaven-sent, hole-in-the-wall dive on the prominent Via Laietana. The staff were very friendly despite our language barriers. The kindly lady told me the price in Spanish. I helplessly started to fish out some Euros,and then she wrote down the price on a napkin and held it up to me.

I could tell this was an authentic place. Wizened old men, that seemed like regulars came in and ordered the fried doughy sticks of goodness. After I polished off the churros I shamelessly scooped up the remaining melted chocolate with my spoon. That’s a testament to how delicious it was.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Traveljunky973
London, United Kingdom
“The best thing about Barcelona!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This place is incredible. They seem to only cook different varieties of churro and hot drinks, which they churn out all day. There are just two people working in this nondescript churreria. I don't think they speak English, and certainly most of the people in their spoke Spanish. Hunt this place down, it is amazing, after one serve you won't want to stop.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank roopinoo
“Authentic, tiny churro shop.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Easy to miss little shop that always has a few locals inside. Amazingly good churros for next to nothing. The hot chocolate is incredible too.

1 Thank Woosley00