All reviews free dinner other guests enjoyed my stay location is great europe lockers city metro ramblas
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2018

I stayed here with my girlfriend for 3 nights. We arrived late and were very tired (I was jet-lagged having flown in from Canada). Luckily, we were greeted by ALEX (a front desk worker) who was very calm, welcoming, friendly and informative. We felt that his good nature set the tone for our stay. I have been to 100 countries and stayed in countless hostels - I wish all hostels had workers like this.

The hostel itself was clean, safe and modern. Our dorm room was great - the beds were comfortable and each had curtains. There was storage space underneath too to keep bags and other items safe.

Each night there was free dinner downstairs followed by drinking games. Overall, a very fun and chilled out hostel, with great staff and a great location. I would recommend to anyone!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2018

I can't recommend this hostel enough. Free daily activity and free dinner every night, as well as a bar visit and then a club. There's no obligation to join, but there's no doubt you will make a ton of new friends if you do! It really brings the people of the hostel together and creates an awesome family atmosphere.I loved the location of this one too, 10 min walk from busy and touristy Las Rambla, it felt more local yet still central. Just a 2 minute walk is a busy street lined with the most amazing Pintxos bars. The staff is everything here, they truly make your stay feel like home. If you are traveling solo and want to meet a ton of new people and have the best time in Barcelona, stay here!

Room tip: Get the 4 bed dorm for more privacy.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2018

I've stayed at lots of hostels over the years but Hostel One just does it better. I don't know if it's their staff selecting process or what, but they always create a warm, welcoming vibe and lots of fun activities.
Paralelo is in an awesome location with easy access to the metro, standard hostel facilities, a nice patio to relax on. What sets this one apart is the ambience and the people who stay/work there.
Thanks guys!

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed July 19, 2018

Requiring overnight, budget accommodation in Barcelona, I contacted Paralelo vie email. A prompt positive response was received. I arrived far later than planned ( thank you, Vueling Airlines), to something of a welcome which might have been given to a returning prodigal son! Superb, genuine, friendly, sharing attitude shown by both the residents and the staff: top marks to both Alex and Simone, you both will go a long way in this world! The hostel is close to the city's CBD, yet set in a quiet, residential area. Spotlessly clean, with very clear positive vibes. The overall impression offered by fellow travellers that night was that the Paralelo was one of the best hostels they had experienced. I fully concur. Well done to all concerned: I'll be back!!!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

Staff was excellent and people staying there were very friendly. Place was laid back and pub crawls were great. Rooms were on the smaller side but beds were comfortable and design of the bunks made great privacy. Overall experience was awesome!

Date of stay: May 2018