All reviewsfree dinnerbars and clubsbreakfast and dinnerother guestsenjoyed my staylocation is greatspecial thanksmetro stationshared bathroomtapaslockerspinchoscitydormramblas
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We were so excited to stay at this hostel because it had such good reviews! However, when we got there, we waited almost two hours after check-in tine before we could finally put our bags down in our room and get out the door. Then our room was adjoined with another room, so it technically was a 12-bed dorm instead of 6. We were also excited about the food the serve you there (you pay for it), but then my friend found a bug in her pasta! Overall, Barcelona was great, but this hostel was horrible! Don't stay here!

• Stayed: May 2012
10  Thank Vbroberg
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Great staff - very friendly, great ideas both along the tourist track and local places, plus free delicious dinner, which enables you to meet the other guests. You'll feel comfortable while you're there, which is a huge compliment. I'm a single women in my 20s and I felt safe at and around this hostel. It's just not where the tourists are, more of a neighborhood feel, but it's right next to the metro and there is definitely plenty to do within walking distance.

In reading some of these reviews I think the important thing to note is that this is a hostel, not a hotel, so shared rooms and bathrooms is just how it is. That being said, I found this one to be much cleaner than any of the others I stayed at and the bathroom to visitor ratio was also the best. In staying at others I couldn't wait to get back to Hostel One Parlelo and didn't really realize how great it was until I had to move to another hostel because they were booked full.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RachelRPortland_OR
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed at this hostel my last night in Barcelona, but wish I had my first few nights. The staff was very hospitable -Angel and Joao were fantastic and accommodating! The hostel hosts free city walking tours, dinner for guests so you can get to know one another, Internet kiosks, travel books, chess, dominos, a hot tub, and much more!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ChrisN126
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I felt that i could have choosen a better place to stay in the marvelous Barcelona. The staff is really, really nice and help us with tips and give lot of attention to all our doubts, etc. I stayed in a twin room which I shared with a friend. The shared bathroom was not very clean and my twin room was in the middle of rooms for 6 or 8 people ... I´ve heard a lot about this hostel, but i wouldn´t reccomend it for my friends and in my next time to Barcelona I´ll choose another place. P.S. : it is close to a tube station but the street and the neighbourhood are not so nice ...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank pedluc
Reviewed May 29, 2012

A bit off the beaten track, but absolutely Loved the murals on the walls the moment I walked in. The staff were friendly, helpful, and oh so colorful. Their suggestion to go see the magic fountains - a sound and light show at the Catalan Museum of Arts - resulted in a breathtaking last day in Barcelona. Oh, and did I mention the communal meal of roasted pumpkins, potatoes, corn, and lively conversation? Will definitely go back...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo