“Can't wait to come back”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blanc Guesthouse

Blanc Guesthouse
Ranked #37 of 326 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Termini1@swbell.net
“Can't wait to come back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Blanc Guesthouse was our first stay during a 2 week visit to Spain. We arrived from two different locations and of course with plane delays and lost luggage I was exhausted. Blanc Guesthouse was everything that they advertised: clean, friendly, central location, and comfortable. It took 2 days and numerous telephone calls but the wonderful people at Blanc Guesthouse found my luggage and got my lugguage delivered after 2 failed attempts by the airlines. If to walking is your forte then this is the best location but they will direct you to metro and train. We relied on them for directions to many sites. The breakfast is basic but more than adequate. Don't try the elevator. It is tiny and you wait forever. Our room was larger than I had anticipated and the bathroom was modern and spotless. We were next to a shared bathroom but there was no noise. The value was excellent for a room in the center of Barcelona. No, it is not a 4 start hotel but if you want clean, safe, comfortable, and helpful then Blanc Guesthouse is perfect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at the Family Room in Blanc Guesthouse for 3 nights. The room was quite spacious for three of us and because the owner added the baby bed for us, my little boy and I could sleep very well during the night!

The bathroom was clean as well. It was pitiful that there was no bathtub in the bathroom.

The owner was very helpful and friendly. When we asked where we could buy transformer (adapter) because we forgot to bring one with us, the owenr lent us one and told us we could just keep it!

Room Tip: Choose the Family Room and Request a baby bed if you have little kid.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and I've got to say I've been more than impressed with this place it's immaculate the owners are extremely helpful, even borrowing me a hair dryer for the duration of my stay and advising us on best places to eat, she even told us what buses to catch and where to get the metro I cannot give the lady enough praise! Our room was beautiful with a private bathroom and there is free wifi and free hot drinks all day! The breakfast was lovely with quite a range also, the only thing I would say is that on the first night it was very loud not the guesthouse itself the apartment above, to be honest the next two nights after touring all day nothing could disturb our sleep, we will definately return tho we have been very happy! Thankyou blanc!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was in Barcelona for a conference and extended my stay for several days. From a modernistic hotel room to a vintage chic guesthouse, it was a breath of fresh air! It is located in a quiet area, safe to walk around in the evenings. It is only a short walk from Av Diagonal and if you like exploring Barcelona by foot, it is very easy to walk down to la Rambla and see some of the Gaudi architecture on Passeig de Gracia.
The managers were very welcoming, friendly, and they were very easy to talk to. I stayed in the family room with a friend, which came with its own bathroom. The room and bathroom was always kept very clean every day! I loved the garden terrace, where I would sit in the sun with my book and the endless supply of coffee from the amazing espresso machine within reach! It is also nice in the evenings with a glass of wine. I recommend this to anyone wanting a quiet stay away from the noise and buzz of the city, yet within easy walking distance from the main attractions.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Temecula, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Blanc for 3 nights in May 2012. We absolutely fell in love with it. My husband was a little leary at first about the shared bathroom but it was always super clean and empty. The internet station is also a fantastic amenity. I think we loved the location the most. Barcelona is a beautiful city and the guesthouse is in a super safe location! with a great little bar and dance club just a few steps away. Even when you are not out, you can people watch from your room. The espresso machine is SO good that when my husband and I returned from our trip we had to purchase one for our home to remind us of our stay at Blanc guesthouse. I HIGHLY reccomend this place and we will definetaly be making a return trip.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Blanc Guesthouse in Barcelona is a great alternative to hotels. A nice place to stay if you are just looking for a place to hang your hat for one night, also a great place to stay if you are going to be exploring the city for a few days. The convenience of home with access to the kitchen / pantry during the day. Always clean smelling, great set-up with a small terrace for the guests. Conveniently located in a nice quiet neighborhood with Av. Diagonal only a 1 minute walk from the hotel... easy access to buses that will connect you to the rest of the city. Safe! For 55euro per night for 2 people, it is a great deal!

Room Tip: Try to choose a room with a private bath, however the shared bathroom is very very clean so it's...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tgancayco
hasselt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We enjoyed our stay in this lovely guesthouse.
Very clean, good breakfast, beautifull terras.
Friendly owners, quite place close to the centre.
We shared a bathroom with two people staying in another room but the bathroom was kept so clean during the whole day!
If one day we go back to Barcelona, we definitely know where to stay!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple