Tripadvisor
Barcelona

“Dont get stung by pictures of amazing food and offers! Worst meal in Barcelona”
Review of Pita House

Pita House
Ranked #9,339 of 12,070 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: El Raval
Description: One of the best pita "houses" in the city! Located in the Rambla de Barcelona, ​​Pita House is the perfect restaurant for your lunch or dinner break when you are short in time and want to opt in for quality product at a good price. In this fast food establishment you will find delicious durums and pitas of chicken, lamb or falafel. All this is perfect accompanied by a creamy hummus and with some of our fresh salads.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As Pita House was located so close to our hotel and the pictures of food looked good we tried whilst waiting for our tour to start.
We chose to have the offer of 2 tapas and a Pizza/Past for 22 euros, we was told the tapas was a mixed platter so couldnt choose what we wanted. When it arrived it was either tomato fish or pork (it was that bad we couldnt decide what it was), patatas bravas, potatoe salad and...... 4 chicken nuggets! These could have been from the McDonalds next door but we was in utter shock that it was classed as tapas.
Then came the main, we chose to have a spaghetti bolognase and a pepperoni pizza to share between us. The spaghetti could have been tinned it was that sloppy and tastless and the pizza was rock hard.
To make matters worse we ordered a sangria and told them we didnt want a large one, they brought the biggest glass ive ever seen which was 18 euros and tasted like sugary syrup.
The only positive was the location to sit and people watch on Las Ramblas.
We didnt enjoy one bit of the meal and compared to every other meal this was so overpriced for what we had.
Do not get stung by this place as there are so many nicer places on the side streets.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (807)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Avoid this place at all costs, firstly, there are no prices for drinks advertised at all and when you ask for the drinks, they are brought out in huge jugs, which they charge €10 for each.

The food is nowhere near edible, the portion sizes are so small, they barely fill you up, and the food is so salty, that you do need to drink your overpriced drink.

Dani the waiter was an incredible moron as well, who blamed myself and my wife for the fact we 'did not know the drinks would come in a jug' even though this was clearly not told to us when we asked for a drinks menu, or about individual drinks.

On top of this, Dani was very rude to both of us and walked away from us when we were speaking with him after paying our bill, bravo Dani!

Avoid this place at all costs, terrible food, terrible service, overpriced drinks, terrible Dani, worst Restaurant I've ever been to!

Thank you Pita House for landing yourself as number 1 in my top 10 places i would never ever send even my worst enemy.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

2 tapas + paella for 10,95 € was really great price but that's it. No menu for drinks, who would of thought that the beer would cost 13€. Food wasn't so good. Go somewhere else, avoid this one.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 10, 2019 via mobile

Drinks are served in big jugs €10 for soft drink, €12.95 for beer! No drinks menu provided. This placed is a tourist trap avoid!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 2, 2019

during my stay in Barcelona, I had the opportunity to eat at this place twice (inside and outside) and both experiences were great. The food was delicious, the view, ambiance, and service during my outside dinner were excellent, the service from Edu and Luis was prime, these guys made sure that I was comfortable and serviced while there. They definitely deserve a raise!!!
The only "complaint" I have is that they don't take credit cards, have to pay in cash, that's a little behind on time since everyone nowadays uses a credit card (other restaurants take cards), I had cash on me, but if not, they would've sent me to the nearest ATM to get cash. Work on that glitch, Boss!
But everything else was great Gracias amigos!!!!

Date of visit: November 2019