“Wow, Wow, Wow... Divine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Pepita

La Pepita
Ranked #106 of 9,411 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Gracia
Description: New concept of tapas, reinventing our spanish beloved pepito sandwich, feminizing it and using new ingredients under this same concept. Taking care of the traditional receipts, product´s season and tapas eating way. La Pepita is a place to come for an early aperitif, some beers and bravas, late lunch or dinner, at the marble bar or in the cozy small saloon. It is a familiar restaurant, where the value for money and treat is something we take care about.
Naples, Florida
“Wow, Wow, Wow... Divine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

We absolutely loved this place. Super friendly service from the hands on owner, divine tapas and "pepitas" (little sandwiches with super thin toasted bread but way better than any sandwich I can remember eating), great atmosphere and reasonable prices. One of our favorite places in all of Europe. Nice variety of dishes too, different meats fishes and veggie choices.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Good authentic food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

As someone that is permanently confused by the workings of tapas and having failed miserably in several restaurants - usually having food far removed from what I had thought had been ordered, thrust at me by surly waiters - I was really pleased to find La Pepita. Two fellas were really helpful to the English traveller and the tapas itself was superb. Try the Patata Bravas and thank me later.

London, United Kingdom
“Worth the wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We went to la pepita on a saturday night so naturally it was quite busy, and in fact we waited about 40 minutes which we didnt mind doing standing around the bar having a nibble and some beer (in tumblers! nice). The patata bravas are unlike any that i have had in spain, cooked spicy sauce and all. The staff are great, we just gave them an indication of what we like and didnt like and they sent over a variety where there was only one dish we didnt like. The highlight was talking to the owner at the end, where she was genuinely concerned if we had liked it and had a good time - such a wonderful woman.

Barcelona, Spain
“Amazing owners and amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have to say that La Pepita is one of my favorite restaurants in Barcelona. It is always the go-to place for me and my friends. It is such a cozy place with interesting details all over. The food is really great and you can tell that the chef puts all his love and dedication to the food he makes. apart from the chef and his wife Sofia, who I can't say enough how nice they are, everybody seems to be really nice. Make sure you have one of their amazing gin and tonics prepared by the great bartender. Enjoy!

• Visited November 2012
“Magical food with the a smile ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

We were lucky to find seats in this corner gem. When ever I see there are more locals than tourists, I know that I will be happy. And this is the case here too . Lovely Sophia and her man are in charge of fusion tapas bar that will make you fall in love with this place. We ate 10 different tapas, all were unique and tasty. Service is amazing and helpful . La Pepita is the diamond in the rough in Barcelona. Don't miss it.!