“Excellent tutor, great fun”

Barcelona Photography Courses
More attraction details
Owner description: Luxury 1-to-1 Holistic Photography tuition in Barcelona. Native English. World-class professional instructors. Includes a full-length photography book/audiobook and one or more years' access to photography advice, unbiased equipment recommendations and constructive criticism via email/Skype. We're not a tour, so you won't learn much about Barcelona, but you will transform your photography and change the way you see forever.Find out more about our most popular option - The Holistic Photography Essentials Course on our website.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had an excellent four hour personal photography workshop with Ben in early December. As an amateur photographer who had spent the last seven months travelling, I had used my camera frequently but didn't quite have a handle on the more technical aspects. Ben was very helpful explaining everything, answering my stupid questions and assisting me in taking some amazing photos. Now I'm back home I've had some time to work on the techniques he suggested, and am definitely a better photographer for having taken the workshop.

1  Thank Kieran P

Reviewed November 26, 2012

As amateur photographer wanting to improve my skills I booked 2 workshops with Ben. In a very accesible and pleasant way he learned me new techniques to observe the world in a more creative way and to capture it with my camera. Very good! Loved every bit of it.
Just 1 day ago booked him again for making a professional portrait series of me. I highly recommend Ben for his skills!

1  Thank Sigrid_Smeele
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent a few hours with Ben during our couple day stay in Barcelona and boy are we glad we stumbled upon his website. We did not have our own camera to shoot with, but Ben directed us to a nice camera hire (Aclam Foto) which was only about 30E/day for a Nikon D90. He even let us use his professional lenses to learn about wide-angle shots and portraits. Ben is both a wonderful and genuine person and we enjoyed talking about art, photography, science, our travels, and life in general. Ben sees the world around us in a special way that only a true artist can. He was gracious enough to share some of this vision with us while teaching us how to find beauty in the small things around us and how to frame shots while thinking about the types of light we can use. He even gave us a fantastic impromptu lesson about lenses and exposure on his iPad. The best part was that we came out with some great shots of Barcelona and a new found knowledge about photography. Ben even sent us a nice follow-up message with some great touched up shots that we had taken on his camera. This was by far our favorite event during our 3 week trip in Spain! I highly recommend booking a session with Ben! 5 stars!!!

1  Thank Alex A
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I booked Ben for a three hour course as a birthday present for my wife. He made it an unforgettable experience which we both will be able to make great use of in the years to come! His insights in lightning techniques, camera use and general photographic 'eye' was superb. He showed us great places in Barcelona, especially La Boqueria was fantastic with all the colours and sights (and not to forget the fresh juices there!). We can't recommend Ben enough and will surely continue our education if we have the chance again. Thanks, Ben!

2  Thank yirk
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Ben did a great job - he was friendly and polite, and he helped me get some great photos that I would not have been able to get on my own without his guidance. Highly recommended if you are visiting Barcelona, the one-to-one advice is well worth it.

3  Thank Jay E