“バルセロナで本格的日本食!”
Review of The Tatami Room

The Tatami Room
Reserve with
The Tatami Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,572 of 9,689 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montjuic
Description: The Tatami Room is a Sushi and Ramen restaurant in the Poble Sec area of Barcelona, opened in Decemeber 2010. The downstairs dining area has 2 Tatami areas, where guests remove their shoes to sit on large cushions around low tables in traditional japanese dining style. The menu consists of a selection of Ramens, Uramakis, Nigiris, Sashimis, as well as a kitchen section of noodles, seaweed salads, tempuras, grilled meats and teriyaki dishes. On mondays we host MEAT FREE MONDAYS, where we have a special menu with no meat or fish, with a selection of vegan ramen, sushi and tapas. We are open everyday, but closed for monday lunch. At lunch offer a daily menu for 11,5€ for three courses. In the evenings we offer la carte with the above mentioned dishes.
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“バルセロナで本格的日本食!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I live in Los Angeles where paradise of Japanese Food in US.
Even to me, I enjoyed true Japanese Food in Spain!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Takaakiinla

• Korean first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Yum!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Probably the tastiest and most refreshing Japanese food i've ever eaten and in a gorgeously decorated environment. Cant go wrong!

• Visited August 2012
“Great sushi. Great restaurant”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have been going to The Tatami Room since I arrived in Barcelona, and now it is my favourite sushi restaurant in the city.... They have a new sushi chef, with a whole new carta of new rolls and various other sushi dishes... stunning CRISPY CUBES... rice cubes covered in spicy tuna tartar... and the Dragon roll.... eel and foie, topped with avacodo....... top place..... I advise you to go

• Visited April 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“My favorite restaurant in Barcelona!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We were originally planning to go to another restaurant. But because it was closed for easter monday and we were already starving we went into the next restaurant we could find: a japanese grill called 'The Tatami Room'. I can not tell you how happy we were that we ended up there instead of the other restaurant.
The ambience is great, they have amazing artwork by an artist called 'Yoshi' and the food was simply amazing. I am not usually a big fan of japanese food but they had such a great selection and the owner even advised us on what to get according to our preferences. The prices were also very good. After we ate we talked to the owner for a while and he gave us some tips for Barcelona. He was a perfect host. We couldn't have been any happier as we left.
I will definitely go back whenever I am staying in Barcelona and would recommend it to anyone!

• Visited March 2013
Zürich
“Delicious Food in an Inspiring Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Tatami Room offers delicious and authentic Japanese dishes in a very laidback and inspiring atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and you feel right at home. For those who are insterested in art, there is an awesome wall painted by the japanese artist Yoshi Sislay (http://www.yoshisislay.com/). Make sure you do get a desert as well, they are amazing!

• Visited March 2013