“Great sushi. Great restaurant”
Review of The Tatami Room - CLOSED

The Tatami Room
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montjuic
Description: The Tatami Room is permanently closed, as from October 1st 2017. We thank all our clients over the last 6 years
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have been going to The Tatami Room since I arrived in Barcelona, and now it is my favourite sushi restaurant in the city.... They have a new sushi chef, with a whole new carta of new rolls and various other sushi dishes... stunning CRISPY CUBES... rice cubes covered in spicy tuna tartar... and the Dragon roll.... eel and foie, topped with avacodo....... top place..... I advise you to go

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We were originally planning to go to another restaurant. But because it was closed for easter monday and we were already starving we went into the next restaurant we could find: a japanese grill called 'The Tatami Room'. I can not tell you how happy we were that we ended up there instead of the other restaurant.
The ambience is great, they have amazing artwork by an artist called 'Yoshi' and the food was simply amazing. I am not usually a big fan of japanese food but they had such a great selection and the owner even advised us on what to get according to our preferences. The prices were also very good. After we ate we talked to the owner for a while and he gave us some tips for Barcelona. He was a perfect host. We couldn't have been any happier as we left.
I will definitely go back whenever I am staying in Barcelona and would recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Tatami Room offers delicious and authentic Japanese dishes in a very laidback and inspiring atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and you feel right at home. For those who are insterested in art, there is an awesome wall painted by the japanese artist Yoshi Sislay (http://www.yoshisislay.com/). Make sure you do get a desert as well, they are amazing!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had no negative things to say after leaving the Tatami room. The food was remarkable, the decor beautiful, and the feeling in there was very comfortable and easy, all of which made for a memorable dining experience.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Been to Tatami Room a couple of times now in the past year but today was excellent. Tried the 8.50€ menu and was very pleasantly surprised. The food was all very fresh and included three small starters, a main course and a dessert. It was all cooked to perfection - what a treat. My friends and I had a great time, the service was attentive but not intrusive but the food...wow.. once again I have to say it was excellent.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone (and I will).