“Good Food and Great Service”
Review of The Tatami Room

The Tatami Room
Reserve with
The Tatami Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,808 of 9,510 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Montjuic
Description: The Tatami Room is a Sushi and Ramen restaurant in the Poble Sec area of Barcelona, opened in Decemeber 2010. The downstairs dining area has 2 Tatami areas, where guests remove their shoes to sit on large cushions around low tables in traditional japanese dining style. The menu consists of a selection of Ramens, Uramakis, Nigiris, Sashimis, as well as a kitchen section of noodles, seaweed salads, tempuras, grilled meats and teriyaki dishes. On mondays we host MEAT FREE MONDAYS, where we have a special menu with no meat or fish, with a selection of vegan ramen, sushi and tapas. We are open everyday, but closed for monday lunch. At lunch offer a daily menu for 11,5€ for three courses. In the evenings we offer la carte with the above mentioned dishes.
Barcelona, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food and Great Service”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Love the food at The Tatami Room, I am a big fan of the Costillas.... Cooked in Sapporo for 3 hours, marinated in sweet miso and sesame..... Melt in your mouth sweetness.... I'm not a massive sushi lover, but they have a new sushi chef and menu, which my girlfriend tells me is amazing (looks like sushi to me!!!!!)...... I always order the homemade brownie with strawberry sauce, no matter how full I am.... I just can't help it...... Delicious. :-)

1 Thank thomast2020

• Korean first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Something a bit Different”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Being English, we arrived rather early for Spanish dining, but they did not bat an eyelid, and looked after us beautifully. The restaurant soon filled up. The food is very unusual, seeming to be Japanese, but in a Spanish style, and is full of delicious tastes. We had the Salmon Teriyaki and the Yakisoba for main dishes. Both very good, and good value too. We thoroughly enjoyed the ambience, and would recommend this to anyone visiting Barcelona and looking for something a bit different. We will certainly go again next time we are in Barcelona. You need a good map to find the venue

• Visited October 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The food at the Tatami Room was excellent.. beyond my expectation, and the staff and service were equally fantastic. The restaurant was relaxed and intimate and staff were welcoming and helpful, bringing plate after plate of delicious food from the kitchen! The delightful decor and comfortable dining in traditional Japanese style, made dinner with friends an absolute pleasure. Highly recommended as an essential place to dine in Barcelona

• Visited October 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Eat Here Now”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Our group of six had the great pleasure of dining at The Tatami Room and meeting its charming owner Hugo. We feasted on a variety of appetizers and sushi rolls, all excellent, impossible to order wrong. The atmosphere is stylish, while remaining warm and relaxed. We are moving to Barcelona, and plan on becoming regulars at The Tatami Room...we'll see you there!

• Visited March 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“I'll Be Back!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The Tatami Room was the best place to go for my friend's birthday; a great choice. It scored on every level: tasty and varied food, a warm, relaxed, atmosphere and stylish decor. The staff were helpful but not overbearing, and the prices were reasonable. It's nice to find something a bit different, too: 'Japanese Tapas' ... it's tasty! I'll definitely be heading back to The Tatami Room next time I'm In Barcelona. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013