2,019 results
All reviewsgrand deluxe roomcomplimentary mini barpasseig de graciagaudi sitessteam roomdinner reservationsroom keyrooftop baramazing hotelrooms are spaciousmodern designluxury hotelperfect locationcasa batllospent nightstapaswould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed October 18, 2017

My husband stayed at this hotel for two nights before and after our cruise. We could not have enjoyed it more. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The location is excellent. Our room was beautiful. My most favorite part of this hotel was the outdoor dining experience and the beautiful gardens for drinks and appetizers. It was everything we had hoped for and more. We would never consider a different hotel if we were to go back to Barcelona.

1  Thank Christine J
almahotels, General Manager at Alma Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Dear CHristine,

Thank you very much for your nice words. We are glad to read we reached your expectations. Our mission is to host and feel welcome each of our guests.

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed October 15, 2017

My husband and I just returned from two weeks in Spain and ended our trip with two evenings at the Alma in Barcelona. Friends from San Francisco had stayed at the Alma last year and raved about it. We liked the Alma very much. Firstly, the location is absolutely perfect. Steps from Passage de Gracia and all the high end shops and restaurants. The hotel is quiet because it's on a side street. If you get a room facing the garden - it's very lovely and tranquil. A real plus is the rear garden. You can eat and drink out of doors which is great if you like outdoor space (and I do). But the garden is popular - so if you want a drink before dinner, you must get there early to get a table. The hotels offers a wide range of rooms - some are more sparse and simple than others. If you're trying to save money, Alma offers some basic rooms for a mid range price. If you want to splurge, there are some opulent suites as well. Alma gets more points for offering a small gym and spa with steam, sauna and a small lap pool. Massages are available too. The concierges are amazing! We loved Frank and his colleagues. Gracias Frank for all of your assistance!! They really, really go above and beyond to please you. Dinner reservations and suggestions on what to do and see in Barcelona. No request is too taxing for them. We did not eat breakfast (it's a bit pricey) but it looked very nice. My only complaint is that the hotel does not offer hot pots in the room to make coffee or tea. Every other hotel we visited in Spain offers this necessary and contemporary feature. Ordering coffee from room service is available, but it takes some time and you'll pay 10 euro for a small pot barely enough for two. A hotel like Alma who prides itself on being contemporary should have a nespresso machine in the room. It's a perk guests really need and enjoy. Otherwise - Alma get's an A grade from me. I will definitely return one day.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back face the garden
1  Thank NYCGal2010
almahotels, General Manager at Alma Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your opinion about Alma. Feedback is always appreciate it in order to improve. We are happy to read you came because some friends recommended our Hotel. We hope we reached your expectations.

Looking forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2017

I highly recommend this hotel. Perfect location, great food, service and accommodations. Great location as you can walk to many of the sights, shops and restaurants. We really enjoyed the hotel and Barcelona!

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for you nice words. All kind of feedback is always appreciate it.

Looking forward to see you soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

Can’t fault the Alma Barcelona. Lovely room, great atmosphere, enjoyable hidden courtyard bar area with great drinks menu. But what really made the visit special for me was the staff - five star quality from all who work there, you couldn’t really ask for more. I’d be perfectly happy staying again for both business and leisure trips.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2017

Just spent 5 nights at Alma with my wife for vacation. The staff is superb! I've stayed at a lot of hotels in my day, both abroad and at home in the US. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us. It's also a great location! Close to La Rambla, lot's of great shops all around. Getting to the Gothic Quarter is only a 20 minute walk or a 5 minute cab walk. Alma also has a really great outdoor patio/garden area for drinks in casual chairs. There's also a nice looking restaurant although we didn't eat there. Reminded me of a cool bar I went to in Brooklyn once (can't remember the name). My favorite part was the finger print door room entry! No need to worry about losing or bringing a room key with me! Can't lose my thumb! Although my wife would tell me I'd find a way.

Dear Adam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Alma. We are glad to read we reached your expectations. We are very happy to be in such a good location.

Looking forward to see you again soon.