Alma Barcelona
  • Fitness center
$123
$116
  • Pool
Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona(Barcelona)
$373
  • Breakfast included
$344
$314
Hotel 1898(Barcelona)
$225
$182
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$149
$437
$424
  • Restaurant
1,950 results
All reviewsgrand deluxe roomcomplimentary mini barla pedrerasteam roomgaudi sitesroom keydinner reservationsrooftop baramazing hotelrooms are spaciousrestaurant recommendationsmodern designluxury hotelspent nightstapasthe location is perfectwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed April 29, 2013

From the moment we arrived we knew that we would not be disappointed! As the taxi approached, Marcos magically appeared & greeted us, whisking our bags inside. It took a few minutes to check in as we had arrived at a busy time but it was not really a problem & the glass of cava whilst we waited was most welcome! We opted for the finger printing instead of a traditional room key & encountered no problems with it. It was great not to have to search for the key before leaving the room!

The hotel was beautifully appointed & our suite was gorgeous & of a very high standard. The decor was lovely & obviously kept on top of with not a scratch or chip to be seen. We had booked with Mr & Mrs Smith & as members had a bottle of cava & some chocolates waiting in the room for us. This was a lovely touch & despite not being a huge chocolate fan I must admit that one of the chocolate options was out of this world!

After sprucing up in the wonderful, enormous bathroom filled with delicious bulgari products we headed out for a bite to eat down at barceloneta. We were not out late as fairly pooped from a long day so were delighted to find that the enormous bed was one of the comfiest we have ever slept in.

The rest of our few days in Barcelona were fabulous but as this is a hotel review I shall not digress but simply state that the service we received at the Alma was outstanding. In particular, Marcos must be singled out as one of the most charming & helpful people we have ever met. When we realised that a restaurant booking we had made was at a restaurant that was closed the evening of my birthday Marcos did not hesitate to recommend another argentine restaurant & promptly make us a booking. (We had been slightly panicking as the night in question was San Jordi's day & thus a very popular night for restaurants!)

On the morning of my birthday a bottle of cava arrived together with a huge plate of the white chocolate macadamia & pistachio chocolates that I has been so enamoured with.....the staff had enquired as to which chef had been on duty the day we arrived & who had made them! It is touches like this when hotels really go the extra mile that make a guest feel special , & from start to finish the service we received at the Alma was excellent.

A beautiful, contemporary hotel in the middle of a fabulous city with genuinely caring & friendly staff...top marks to the Alma, we can't wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I’ve stayed at Alma hotel back in February and all I can say is “wow” very impressed.
This is a very chic luxury hotel. From the initial check in, the über professionalism of the staff was almost as overwhelming as high tech fingerprint scanning option instead of the use of a door key for your room. Boy! Big brother can surely be watching you in this place!
You are seamlessly ushered to your room where you are greeted by a very large well-appointed sleeping area. The bathroom has a wet room rainshower that could easily fit 3-4 people (should you so desire!), however, much to my disappointment, this function did not work for my 1 night stay, so I missed out on my luxury indulgence of a gorgeous rainshower.
The bar area was, again, pure chic. Low level lighting and service heaven. A comfortable outside area as well.
Truly a wonderful place to stay for business, pleasure or the romantic weekend away in the centre of a beautiful city location.
Big tick on the “WOW” factor……

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms.....
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2013

From the moment we checked in to the moment checked out, the customer service at the Alma Barcelona is one of the best We ever experienced. The rooms are comfortable and spacious and the bed is so comfortable, you do not want to get up quickly in the morning. We ate at the onsite restaurant, the food was fabtastic and the service matched with the same excellence. It is rare for us to give so many accolades to one place, but I did not experience anything but the best quality at this hotel. It is a boutique hotel tucked away on Mallorca Street within walking distance of the best shopping and rstaurants.

Room Tip: Go for the grand deluxe room which overlooks a courtyard garden.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank John T
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Hotel Alma was a wonderful choice. Four ladies on a trip to Barcelona. FIrstly it was in a great location just around the corner from La Pedrera and also one of the main shopping areas but it was very quiet away from the hustle and bustle of Las Ramblas.
The hotel had a garden courtyard which was wonderful to sit in for a mojito or glass of cava!
The beds were truly comfortable.
However the best thing about this hotel was the staff - they were without exception extremely kind and helpful. They booked two restaurants for us which were both excellent and went out of their way to help us with our numerous questions!
When I return to Barcelona I would choose to stay here again and in fact I would stay in one of the sister hotels in Seville or Berlin if travelling there.

Room Tip: Top floor room 604 was a corner room which was peaceful and had a view of the rooftop of La Pedrera
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JerseyFiGi
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm adding another glowing review of the Alma Hotel. We stayed there four nights, but I could have stayed indefinitely. From the moment we walked through the door and were greeted by the friendly staff and offered a glass of cava to the time we sadly left, our stay was outstanding. The hotel and the rooms are gorgeous - very modern with an edgy, but comfortable atmosphere. The bathroom is incredible with a lovely shower. We were on the courtyard side with a nice view of the outside seating below and courtyards of adjacent buildings. The only downside to the rooms is that in addition to the much appreciated, free minibar with beverages, we would have really loved coffee in the room. With so many perks at this hotel, this one would seem easy to accomodate.
The staff was superb and helped us get advance tickets to tour some of the Gaudi buildings so we wouldn't have to stand in line as well as made some great breakfast and bar recommendations. We didn't eat at the hotel, but had some drinks at the bar along with great conversations with a couple of different bartenders. We never had a chance to use the spa so I feel like I need to go back to to experience that!
The location is perfect and we walked everywhere. Casa Mila is right round the corner and Casa Batllo is just a few blocks away. We also walked to Sagrada Familia, La Rambla and even walked back from Parc Guell (although we took a taxi to get there). I will definitely stay at the Alma the next time I'm in Barcelona.

Room Tip: The courtyard rooms were very quiet even with construction at a neighboring building.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple