“Fantastic Atmosphere, Amazing Coffee & Gorgeous Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of ben - CLOSED

ben
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: bén offers good food at great value: ecological coffee & a fine selection of teas & infusions continental breakfast french & danish pastries hot food served all day salads aperitifs friendly good music terrace
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Atmosphere, Amazing Coffee & Gorgeous Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

You have to visit to 'experience' Ben... its a cracking little boutique cafe that cater for everyone; I've been there on numerous occasions and have seen every type of customer there... from big groups of friends. couples, singles, kids and business people alike.

Its great for grabbing breakfast on the run, a chilled coffee (which I may add is delicious and the pastries to chose from aren't good for the diet :O)... but soo good for the soul!), lunch is quick easy and oh so tasty or just a relaxing glass of vino or a cool beer while you sit and watch the world go by.

Menus are in Spanish and English... but always try the Spanish first (when in Spain!) and if there's something you'd like that's not on the menu..just ask.. if they can do it they will!

The staff are amazingly friendly, funky and fun (and an extremely good-looking bunch!! So for you single ladies and gents some eye candy to!) They do everything to make sure you feel relaxed and at home and speak multiple languages, English being one they speak really well (which is great because my Spanish is bad!)

Where to find it: Opposite the old bull fighting stadium means the sites are grand.. and if you are stuck for entertainment there's shopping everywhere... (so for those of you who hate shopping... you can relax with a glass of something whilst the rest shop til they drop!)

Soo simple to find.. large black parasols with Ben on them...

There is absolutely no way I can explain how lovely this place is.. just go and see for yourself.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Trendoss

Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
“A little corner of peace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Visiting Barcelona on a hectic business trip, I was looking for a place where I could just chill for a while. I love Barcelona but haven't found many places I can do this... until I found bén! Good quality coffee, great breakfast and tapas, smooth sounds, excellent internet and very friendly service. I have even returned for their meals, which are perfect working-day affairs: delicious, fresh and the right amount of food. I recommend it to anyone who appreciates an excellent café.

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank Miguel C
Seville, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, great service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

We ate a very good chicken salad, and an also very good tuna salad. The pasta wasn't the best, but good.
The owner is always there and a very nice man. He talks a lot with the clients and knows how to speak lots of languanges, from what we could notice.
A good place to go to have some snacks.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Tha_s_BSeville_Spain
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“I can't wait to come back to Ben!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

I walked in off the street with my friend, who had a recommendation to come here from another friend. We had the option to sit inside or outside. The inside space looked cozy and it was warm, but it was hard to resist the sunshine. The owner (?) came out almost immediately and described the difference between the specials of the day and the regular menu.

My friend and I had a leisurely afternoon ordering several dishes including:
* seafood soup - it had a wonderful briny and fresh flavor
* pan con tomate (bread with tomato) - simple, but so many places don't do this right! Perfect balance of olive oil, fresh bread, and a touch of garlic and sea salt
* croissant - we received a lesson on the difference between French croissants which are made with butter and other croissants which are made with lard
* a variety of meats plate - no one does meat like the Spanish!
* Spanish tortilla - nicely seasoned
* a Belgian chocolate dessert with olive oil and sea salt flakes - warm, sweat, and salty perfection!

When I went inside to pay, the owner gave us an aperitif. I wish that I could remember what it was, but it had a lovely licorice after taste.

I'm a food enthusiast and loved every part of every dish that I ate. The only thing that would have made my visit more pleasant is if there were a hammock for me to take a nap, so that I could wake up and start eating again!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Susan H
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ben is one of barcelona's little gem's :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

My partner and I are working in Barcelona for a year and have visited many cafe's and restaurants. As soon as we walked into ben, we were made to feel at home, and during our 2 visits so far, noting has disapointed. The food is delicious with a huge variety of sandwiches, salads, tapas, hot dishes and pastries. To be accompanied by a fresh coffee, smoothie or beer! It is the perfect mix of spanish and english cusine cooked to perfection in a warm and friendly environment. The owner goes out of his way to make you feel at home, smething we haven't found come across more than once in our time in barcelona so far (4 months). We will be visiting ben, our favourite cafe in barcelona so far, many more times :)

Visited January 2012