3 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$181
Official Hotel$154
eDreams$181
1,811 results
All reviews beautiful hotel great location breakfast room plaza catalunya busy street central location common areas within walking distance airport bus easy access would definitely stay here again reception staff tapas the heart of the city yogurt visiting barcelona gothic quarter
Selected filters
Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

Perfect hotel to stay in central Barcelona. Fabulous place to headquarter during a visit to this amazing city. Much to see in walking distance. Great shopping. Metro is very convenient.

Accommodations are clean, comfortable and convenient. Wonderful staff. Beautifully designed and appointed. Must return!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 164joei
Reviewed May 1, 2019

I have been staying at this hotel on and off for over 15 years and it's still everything I loved about it and even more now! Aside from the ridiculously fantastic location (2 blocks from city centre and literally right across the street from the Metro) , this recently renovated palace turned hotel has all the extra little touches to make it an exceptional experience. Breakfast (optional at a reasonable 14Euros) which is served in the beautiful restaurant (which feels more like a comfy living room/lounge) is not only delicious, but beautifully presented and has a complimentary coffee machine accessible 24 hours a day, complimentary happy hour welcome drink (every day;), light appetizers and drinks are available until 11pm. You can drink, eat, relax or catch some sun on the beautiful terrace if you want. I loved hanging out in the library with a glass of wine and a book and some great conversations with the wonderful restaurant staff Ilyias and Mustaf in the evenings when I needed a quiet night off from the hustle and bustle of the nightlife in Barcelona. Rooms are nicely updated and not huge (its an old building) and the beds are so unbelievably comfortable with probably the best pillow top mattress cover and pillows! After a long day of walking, eating, drinking and shopping, I could NOT WAIT to crawl in to this bed!!! Aside form the wonderful accommodations and extra percs, its really the staff who makes this property exceptional. As a front desk agent myself, I know what they have to deal with day in and day out and Oscar, Lidia and Marc knocked it out of the park! Always professional, genuine, informative and happy to help.
Helpful tips: the hotel has a hot water perculator and hairdryer in each room, umbrellas to borrow at the front desk and free daily passes to a nice gym just 3 blocks away (ONLY if you book the room on-line) Lastly, I just wanted to give an extra special thanks to Ilyias who made me feel special from the moment I checked in to the hotel. Gracias Ilyias! Te agradezco mucho! Y gracias a todas empleados en Hotel Granvia!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Ellen S
Silvia S, Director General at Hotel Granvia, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Dear Nelle Silver,

Greetings from Granvia Hotel! Thank you so much for sharing your awesome 5 star hotel review! We are happy to know that your experience at our hotel was wonderful. Also many thanks for your kind words about the personnel, we will share them with our staff as a kind reminder of what they do best,

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back whenever in the city, in the meantime, all the best.

Reviewed April 29, 2019 via mobile

This was honestly the most beautifully, clean hotel I have ever stayed in. The relaxed ambience of the place was perfect. The building is so beautiful and picture worthy. The building has so much character but modern at the same time. The rooms are decorated so minimalistic and chic. The staff were incredibly professional, fun and very helpful. Especially members of staff MUSTA and ILYES. They were fantastic and helped me with everything I needed and even made me the perfect pizza for my birthday. I can not praise the staff enough. There was even a service for the hotel to look after your luggage once you have checked out so you can continue to explore the city if you have a later flight. This was absolutely perfect and at no extra charge. The food was amazing and the courtyard was absolutely beautiful to sit outside and enjoy the weather. I chose this hotel simply because of the location and the look of the building. This completely exceeded my expectations. The location is so central to everything. I didn’t want to leave. I’ll be back again in the summer.

Thank you for helping me celebrate my birthday.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing this great review of your recent stay at Granvia Hotel. We are thrilled to know that you have enjoyed your stay and that our team Musta and Ilyes you’re your birthday memorable. The entire team works very hard to ensure that we deliver a high standard of service and a warm, memorable experience. We will definitely congratulate them all on your behalf for their contribution.

As you well said, the hotel is perfectly located in the center of Barcelona close to the main attractions, shops and restaurants where you can enjoy the great atmosphere of the city.

Thank you again for this "The most beautiful hotel" and you lovely comments about us, and we look forward to welcoming you again in summer!

Best regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2019

We spent 4 nights at this lovely hotel in a beautiful former mansion. The location is easily accessible from the airport train, Passiege de Gracie stop, and is also excellent for sightseeing by foot or via metro. We were really impressed by the cheery and helpful people in reception. Room 218 was spacious with tall windows overlooking the terrace; recommend terrace view because the street is busy. You can hear the subway a bit so
go for second floor or higher. We opted in for breakfast, which is a spendid, satisfying spread. We also enjoyed chatting with the mixologists during the cocktail
hour and there are sweet baked goods at tea. A truly elegant experience and the perfect place at which to end a bustling day/night in Barcelona. Will be booking again for sure!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a great comment about your recent stay at the Hotel Granvia

We are happy to read you had a pleasant stay and hope to see you back with us in the next future. We really appreciate your compliments regarding the staff, breakfast and location.

Hope to see you back in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed April 28, 2019

This hotel is centrally located near Plaza Catalunya. So it is easy to access from the Aerobus.

The historic building has been stylishly renovated recently. So everything looks fresh.

The junior suite is located on the 1st floor above the entrance. So there is a balcony and also another French balcony. The decor with a four-poster bed is modern.

The street has much traffic but the windows are quite soundproofed. The subway going under the hotel causes more noise but you will get used to it.

Good breakfast is served on the 1st-floor breakfast room facing the hotel's courtyard. The patio is certainly on summertime a nice place to spend evenings.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple