Hotel Granvia
  • Breakfast included
Acta Antibes(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$154
$140
Ayre Hotel Rosellon(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$288
$251
  • Restaurant
$188
NH Barcelona Ramblas(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$230
$199
$171
$137
Hotel Balmes(Barcelona)
$235
$203
  • Pool
H10 Marina Barcelona Hotel(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$241
$214
$347
Barcelo Raval(Barcelona)
$303
$222
Orbitz.com
1,256 results
All reviewsbeautiful hotelgreat locationlovely terracesuperior roombreakfast roomplaca catalunyacentral locationbusy streetfirst floorpublic areasaerobus stoplounge areafamily roomairport busstayed here for nightsla pedreragreat shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We had a good experience here, found the staff to be helpful. You can't beat the location, and the hotel is very pretty. I would second what some reviewers have, try to request one of their larger, externally facing rooms - we paid the same amount as some friends and ended up with a MUCH smaller room with windows facing a small interior air shaft, while they had a spacious room with a view of the street.

• Stayed: September 2013
SilviaHGV, Front Office Manager at Hotel Granvia, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Granvia for your stay in Barcelona.

Also I wanted to thank you taking some time to share your experience with us.

I am truly pleased to know you enjoyed a lovely stay with us. Always we try our best for every guest to feel more than satisfy (I would say happy) during their stay, so thank you for sharing this with us.

I hope you can visit us again in a soon future.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Booked a double superior and was given a twin room. Told by the very unpleasant reception staff that a double in Gran Via language means a room for 2 people. Told I should have specified that I wanted a double bed in the double room. Complete nonsense. Staff not helpful at all. Otherwise, hotel very well decorated, extremely well situated and excellent breakfast. Terrace well presented although I missed not having a bar in the hotel. Overall, they need to work much harder to improve the overall customer experience. Will try some where different on our next visit to Barcelona.

Room Tip: If you want a double bed make sure you specify this in the small print.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Frank H

Dear Guest,

First I wanted to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Barcelona.

I am truly sorry and I would like to apologize for not being able to make you feel welcome and well treated in behalf of all the staff we take part in the hotel.

We have some rooms with twin beds and some others with double beds, but when we sell our rooms we sell them without specify the type of beds. We take this as a request but we cannot guarantee 100% until the arrival day depending on the availability.

Even though this is not an excuse, to our poor manners from our Front Desk and I apologize in their behalf again.

I hope you can give us a second chance and visit us again in a proper future.

Please do not hesitate to contact with me for any further you may need.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The hotel is centrally located 3 blks from the top of las ramblas, and 1/2 a blk from the metro stop, which is very convenient. The hotel seems to be newly remodeled and rooms have a modern sort of minimalist feel to them, free wifi is a nice perk as well. Cleaning staff are like ninjas and I never came back to a dirty room. The short comings are the rooms are sort of minimalist and are fairly cozy. It would appear as if several of the rooms face either a building directly next door or a small interior airway. Best to make sure you get a room that's in the rear or the front for this reason. Although our room seemed to be remodeled our air conditioner seemed a little out of date as it would occasionally whine and scream throughout the night at random intervals.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travel_bum99

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Granvia for your stay in Barcelona.

Also thank you for taking some of your time to share your experience with us.

I truly appreciate your positive commets from our Housekeeping Department, which I will definitely share with them.

Regarding to the room views, just to clarify this issue, all our standard Classic Rooms are interior and do not have any outside views; and this is how we sell them. Our Superior Rooms all of them have outside views, some facing to the Av. Gran Via and some others facing to our outside terrace.

In reference to the air conditioning, is not the first time a guest complain about this topic so we are already working on it with the Maintenance Department to look for a solution.

I hope you can find this words usefull and please do not hesitate to contact with us for any further information you may need.

Hope to manage to visit us againg in the future!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed at is hotel for 5 nights in September 2013. I chose it due to its location close to Las Ramblas and Casa Batló y Casa Milá. The neighborhood is beautiful, near to Paseo De Gracia with wonderful expensive stores and the majestic architecture of Barcelona. However, the service is SLOW y the rooms were cleaned less and less as we stayed! Although it was surprising to return to a orderly room as soon as we returned from breakfast, we found dirty in towels (used for staff to clean the room in the sink and behind the trash can), dirt in corners and underneath the beds. In addition, the constant flowery smell, is very intense and unpleasant, there were always very long lines to get a cup of coffee when having breakfast, there staff was extremely slow in the renewal of the food for the breakfast buffet, nobody answered the phone when you need something in your room (overhead light not working, requiring dishes and cutlery, etc),etc, etc... All of these unacceptable for the price your are paying. The design of the room is unusual, with poor illumination in the bathroom, and an inability to close the bathroom door. Air conditioner can only be regulated if you talk to someone in the lobby (and you are lucky of they answer).
I certainly, WILL NOT return to this hotel in a future trip to Barcelona. It's. 3 star hotel, pretending to be 4, but barley reaching 2 stars2. I would advise to other travelers to go to other hotels in this areas, but not this one. Use your money wisely and better than I did!
Sorry trip advisor, I chose this hotel after you positioned it as 16 over 500, but I doubt this "award" this time.

Room Tip: Viewing the Gran Via with the window close and AC on is perfectly fine if you are high in the 3-4 floor. Not much noise at all.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank AleTulane

Dear Guest,

The first thing I would like, is to thank you for choosing Hotel Granvia for your stay in Barcelona.

I hope you received my e-mail last week, with my apologizes in behalf of all the team we take part in the hotel.

As I explained on my e-mail, we feel truly sad with this type of experiences and because we are not massive and big hotel we always try our best for every guest. So definitely we take this as a failure.

On my e-mail I explained you that we already took part in the incident of the towels with our Housekeeping Department. Also regarding to the bad smell we are totaly conscious about this handicap and we are already working on it with our Maintenance Department making some changes in every toilet and we hope that with this process we can find a solution to this issue.

I took note of all your suggestions, as well as all the guest that share their experiencies with us. As you may know we re-opened the hotel in June of this year (2013) after a full renovation that lasted more than 7 months and it is time to listen every suggestion to start knowing our handicaps and improving them, as the service we provide.

I hope you can give us a second chance and contac with us again when your future plans bring you back to Barcelona.

Please do not hesitate to contac with me directly for any further information you may need.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Granvia Hotel is very well situated, just about 200m from Plaça de Cataluña, near the old Barcelona where you can visit the most popular attraction of the city. The place is very well served by transports, including buses, taxis, subway, etc..
The Hotel was recently renovated with a very good taste decoration dominated by the dark grey of the walls, the white of the superb ceilings, the wood of the floor and furniture and the splendid B&W portraits that I fall in love with. The first floor halls and the library are in fact very, very beautiful! The dining room (or breakfast room) and the terrace are also nice places to stay and rest.
We booked a family room. It was an interior room (without windows to the streets),The room was very spacious with 2 LCD TV screens and minibar. The pictures in the Granvia web site showed 2 beds. In fact there was a comfortable double bed and a couch used as the other bed. The bathroom was very large and well equipped but without towel holders (maybe an option of the decorator, but not very functional). The whole was very elegant, quiet and extremely clean.
The breakfast was good but not as it should be for the price payed for the room. In the first morning we (and other guests) were waiting for plates and cutlery to be washed. I was told by the employee that she was not responsible for the fact that a lot of guests decided to have breakfast at the same time!!!! I was astonished by her abruptness and arrogance!!! I think this not the way that an hotel employee should speak to a guest but I thought it was just an incident. The second day, the same issue! Not enough plates for the few guests that were trying to have breakfast. This is in fact an organization problem that must be addressed to the administration of the hotel. I think that there is no excuses for the shortage of the plates used during the breakfast! I never seen such a thing!
Staff at the reception was ok.
Concluding, the Granvia Hotel is a nice hotel in terms of localization, comfort and decoration. There is a lot to improve in terms of the quality of the food and staff to justify the price payed.
I really loved the portraits on the walls!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Paulo G

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing us for your stay in Barcelona and for taking some of your time to share your experience with us.

I'm truly happy about your lovely comments about our Bussines and library area (1st floor) and our decoration in general. Thank you!

Regarding to the incident with the breakfast staff, I would like to apologize in behalf of my staff and we are already working on this. Also we are looking for solutions to the inconveniences in the breakfast.

Thank you again for sharing this information with us and we are already working on it.

I hope you can manage to visit us in the future and be able to see our improvements.