We just stayed at the Hotel California Sept 1-3 and Sept 11-13. We opted to stay here for our first 2 days in BCN and returned to the hotel for the last 2 days of our European adventure as we left out of BCN. This hotel is really good for the price! It's off a main street in an alley and recently renovated.
*Price! Clean room, recently renovated
*Super staff. They all were so nice. I wish I got the names of all of the nice gentlemen who I talked to. I met a Guillermo, another who was a film student and another who was quite helpful in navigating us around the metro. All spoke english though I speak Spanish but they were very personable.
*Breakfast included! This was nice to be able to start the day without having to stop anywhere, especially if you are in a pinch to visit some sites and don't want to go into the nearby Starbucks.
*We ordered the romantic pack (as this was the start of our honeymoon) and it was beautifully done. Flower petals (fake but ok) adorned our bed in a heart shape along with a nice cava and chocolates. Well done for the price.
*Good restaurants and bars very close by!
*Our first room had a small standing shower only but our second room was much more spacious and had a full tub.
*Beautiful built in closet if you are staying long enough to take clothes out of your suitcase.
*Our first room was quite small (though it had 2 balconies as it was in the corner) and the A/C was not quite working as well as I would have liked
*Beds are a bit stiff but ok
*First room had a clogged sink
*Being American, I am not accustomed to processed meats and cheeses for breakfast and one day, the combo of the two gave me a bit of intestinal trouble for about 2 hours. So after that, I would enjoy just a coffee and croissant and ate elsewhere if I was hungry.
*It can be a little loud to stay facing the entrance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel California is an 3 stars urban hotel in the main centre of Barcelona. It's recently refurbished and located in the historic, cultural and commercial heart of Barcelona. Only 1 minute's walk from the famous Ramblas and very close to the main tourist attractions of the city (the Gothic Quarter, La Pedrera, theatres and museums, restaurants, shopping, the Port). It is mainly characterised by an excellent customer and cleaning service that makes guests feel at home in Barcelona. The hotel also offers you free services: WIFI (throughout the hotel), continental breakfast, safe, room service and reception 24 hours and amenities... Its rooms have air conditioning / heating, LCD TV, international TV channels, telephone, desk, mirror, soundproofed windows and have private own bathroom with hairdryer, towels and everyday amenities. Its staff will help you in everything you need. All to experience an excellent value in the centre of Barcelona. Come and enjoy! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel California reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- California Hotel Barcelona
- Ca Barcelona
- Hotel California Barcelona, Catalonia