“Excellent location, terrific staff”
Review of Hotel Espana

Hotel Espana
Ranked #103 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Wilmette, Illinois
“Excellent location, terrific staff”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We recently stayed at Hotel Espana with our two children and my father. We'd never been to the city before and wanted a place with everything nearby. You cannot beat the location which is just steps from La Ramblas. There's a subway basically at the end of the street that will get you anywhere you want to go. The Gothic Quarter is just a few blocks away. The deck on the top floor is beautiful with friendly staff to get you a drink or make a recommendation. The rooms are very nice and updated. We had a balcony overlooking the street which made it really charming. No outside noise, really, except hearing the neighbors come in their room later. We did not eat at the hotel, but got good recommendations from the staff. One of the staff even walked us down the street to one they recommended just so we wouldn't get lost. We found a grocery store down the street as well from the hotel which was fun to shop and get a few snacks for the room. It is a great gem in the heart of it all!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Judie W
Nuria B, Director General at Hotel Espana, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
First of all I thank you for choosing Hotel España for your stay in our city and for you nice words to us.
We work very hard for the satisfaction of our guests and it is very rewarding to know we made you enjoy. I am also happy to read that the hotel facilities and location have fulfilled your expectations.
Thank you for recommending us!

Looking forward to welcoming you at Hotel España in the near future. Yours cordially,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend came here for a 5 day trip for his 21st. Very friendly and helpful staff and a beautiful hotel. You couldn't hear the street from the hotel like I've seen from other comments. In my eyes it was the perfect location everything that we wanted to see was a 30min walk. The rooms weren't cold, in my eyes I thought it was very stylish which was one of the reasons I chose the hotel. We enjoyed our stay here and hopefully in the future will be coming back.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Nuria B, Director General at Hotel Espana, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Kelly,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay at Hotel España.
I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our hospitality and service.
I really do hope that you can join us once again in the near future. Kind regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Hotel location was fabulous. Hotel was charming with a mix of old & new. Station was so close & only one stop away from plaza espana. The staff are very accommodating and even packed a breakfast picnic as we had to leave early. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: You won't be disappointed with this hotel. Location is fabulous.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SilvanaVigi
Dear Silvana,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Hotel España with us and other visitors.
I also apreciate to read that you had a wonderful time with us and I really thank you very much for recommending us. We work really hard for our guests satisfaction and your recommendation means a lot to us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back and stay with us again in the near future. My kindest regards.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2014

For a visit to Barcelona you could not choose a better hotel. It is centrally located, just off La Rambla, convenient for all the sites. The rooftop bar and plunge pool is a luxury you do not expect to get for the price of the room! Décor throughout the hotel is very stylish and the bedrooms well equipped and comfortable. Lovely balcony with views right across the city.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave your very kind words following your stay at Hotel España.
I am happy to read that you have had a wonderful time with us and that the hotel facilities and services have fulfilled 100% your expectations.

I really do hope that you come back and stay with us again in the near future. My kindest regards.
Sciota, PA
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Old world charm renovated with fine modern appointments. Excellent location, can walk Bari Gotic and Born areas. Very close to metro which is very easy to navigate. Bedroom and bathroom was very clean and stylish. Was glad for window on courtyard as it was very quiet in a lively ie noisy city. Great to come back to the rooftop bar for a drink and bite late in the evening. Professional staff who spoke good English. All around winner.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Nuria B, Director General at Hotel Espana, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
I am absolutely satisfied to read your feedback following your stay at Hotel España and I also thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other visitors and us.
I have passed on your kind words to all the team here and We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. My kindest regards,
Concord, California
Reviewed June 29, 2014

For our visit to Barcelona, my wife asked me to find a hotel with character and boy did I. The Hotel Espanya is a jewel just a few doors off of La Rambla. It is in a classical Barcelona building, which is very ornate and has a tremendous amount of charm. The rooms, however, have been redone and are very modern. The staff could not do enough to help us with suggestions and directions. The rooftop terrace bar was an added bonus. The location of the hotel - just about in the center of La Rambla - is an ideal location for visiting museums, restaurants, the central market, or just walking around. We couldn't have chosen a better hotel and you can't either!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Nuria B, Director General at Hotel Espana, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your very nice comments following your stay at Hotel España.
I am delighted to know that Hotel España has fulfilled your expectations and that you have enjoyed your stay with us, enjoyed our hospitality and service.
I also apreciate your sensibility towards the building and its restoration in 2010.

London
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We absolutely loved Hotel Espana. The location cannot be faulted. This is a fab part of town. The room was charming, clean and well serviced daily. The staff are friendly and the rooftop bar with plunge pool was such a bonus. We didn't try the in-hotel restaurants but they look very stylish. Decor throughout is gorgeous. The hotel is close to loads of fantastic restaurants, so you will be spoilt for choice. I would definitely book this hotel again. For light sleepers, I would recommend ear plugs if you book a street facing room. Barcelona itself is INCREDIBLE.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Nuria B, Director General at Hotel Espana, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Lucy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments following your stay at Hotel España.
I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our hospitality and service.
For the next time, I would highly recommend you to have at least a dinner or lunch in our Restaurant Fonda España. It worth it for its food quality, service and special setting!