“Perfect combination of old and new”
Review of Hotel Espana

Hotel Espana
Ranked #103 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The charming hotel is integrated in a couple of old city houses and furnished with mordern furnitures. A very stylish combination. The staff is very friendly. We got an upgrade for an executive room with roof terrace. Its perfectly located to all the main sights. Its really worth an recomendation,
Catharina

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Nuria B, Director General at Hotel Espana, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Catharina,
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Barcelona and for letting us know about your experience with us.
I am pleased to hear you enjoy your stay at Hotel España. We work very hard for the satisfaction of our guests and it is very rewarding to know we made you enjoy.

We all look forward to welcoming you in a very near future. My best regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,641)

Reviewed April 2, 2014

As title this hotel was perfectly situated for our visit, the staff are very helpful and friendly.

It's a very interesting hotel, mixing old with contemporary very successfully, lots of very nice things to look at around hotel.

Room we were given was a disabled room I would say but that was ok, although I felt that a normal room would probably have been nicer, however it was a very nice room, clean and adequate size. The bathroom was large, the shower a nightmare,hate overhead showers as didn't want to wash my hair every day so didn't use that, the other shower was most peculiar, couldn't angle it at all properly and the door opened out due to the overhead shower and leaked water onto floor. I felt the shower was like this for disabled purposes could be wrong but that's what I feel.

Breakfast as previously said by others, expensive and not a great selection for English people, every time I wanted a cup of tea I had to ask for a tea bag, for some reason they don't have them out with the other bags! As said expensive for what it was.

Dining room was lovely, staff lovely and the food I had was really nice.

Overall this is a very nice hotel and I enjoyed my stay there.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the room you think you paid for.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Nuria B, Director General at Hotel Espana, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments following your stay at Hotel España.
We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our hospitality and service.
We all really hope that you can join us once again in the near future. Kind regards.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed here recently for a few days. The room was nice, not exactly big, but it was clean and everything you would need. The bathroom was large, but it could do with a shelf to put your make up on.

The breakfast was a rip off but they always are in big hotels so that wasn't a real issue. The TV automatically went to the 'pay €25 a day' box and I had to search each time for the free news channels.

The location is ideal and I would definitely recommend to anyone visiting BCN.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Nuria B, Director General at Hotel Espana, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Anan,
I would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Barcelona and for sharing your experience with other visitors and us.
We are very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and received a good service from our staff. I also take note about your comments on TV programmes and the breakfast, in order to keep improving our services.
Looking forward to welcoming you at Hotel España in the near future. Kind regards.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

A perfect hotel in a perfect location. Staff made our stay special. Big thank you to the staff.

Room was modern and probably had best nights sleep in a four star hotel.

Only suggestion would be for a slightly better selection at breakfast.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thehotmustards

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen Hotel España for your recent trip to Barcelona.
I appreciate to have your feedback since we are always concerned by the remarks and satisfactions of our guests and I am really proud of your comment about Hotel España staff. We all work daily very hard to offer an endearing stay to all our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel very soon. My best regards

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We arrived at around 10am and were allowed to go to our room and we were also immediately upgraded to a luxury room. The staff were very friendly and always helpful. The hotel itself is beautiful and centrally located. The metro is just at the top of the street which made easy access to all the major attractions. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Queenie886

I am very pleased to hear your received a good service from our staff. We work very hard for the satisfaction of our guests and it is very rewarding to know we made you enjoy. Our location is also a great advantage!
I highly apreciate your sensibilty towards the buildinbg and its last restoration.

Looking forward to welcoming you at Hotel España in the near future. Yours cordially,

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We visited this hotel for my 30th birthday, occupying 2 rooms-one for me and my husband and one for my parents. Both rooms were spotlessly clean and really modern with a beautiful bathroom complete with his and hers sinks, complimentary toiletries and a hair dryer. Our room had a lovely view out over the street with a little balcony. My parents room was inward facing so a little dark. Staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough to help. The location of the hotel was perfect for exploring the Gothic Quarter, Port Vell, Las Ramblas, Placa De Catalunya, El Raval and La Boqueria on foot. The public areas of the hotel were beautiful and sympathetically modernised with little glimpses of traditional features. I loved my stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014
Nuria B, Director General at Hotel Espana, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Jenzie,
Firstly thank you so much for taking the time to post these very kind words following your stay with us.
I also thank you once again for recommending us!
Looking forward to welcoming you at Hotel España in the near future. Our best regards.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

charming stuff, completly renovated in a modern and high tecnical quality. we liked it very much!
breakfast is good, but it is nicer to go to little cafes around there. central location beside the ramblas.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Anja,
I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our hospitality and service.Your nice words are highly apreciated.