“Small Hotel on La Rambla”

Hotel Lloret Ramblas
Ranked #252 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
hkmny
“Small Hotel on La Rambla”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

Hotel Lloret is located on La Rambla, so once you walk outside, there are tons of bars and restaurants in the area. It's a great location, however it definitely gets loud in the room until late hours of the night--the hotel windows and walls are thin. The front desk staff is very nice and helpful--they will go out of their way to help you find sites, laundry, etc in Barcelona. You do have to walk up a very narrow flight of stairs between the ground floor and the lobby, and the elevator up to the rooms is ridiculously small--common in Europe budget hotels. The rooms and bathrooms are also tiny, but have good fast wifi connections. There are vending machines near the hotel lobby, and an area to watch tv. If you can deal with the noise at night, I think Hotel Lloret is a good budget hotel in Barcelona, since you can easily get to most places in the city from here.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

My Husnand and I stayed in Hotel Lloret in Feb 11 tor a three day city break. This hotel totally met our needs. The location is fantastic... Right on the Rambala, close metro, airportt bus stop, tour bus stop - Couldn't have adked for better.... Rooms are VERY basic but spotless clean. Continental breakfast was included in rate, nothing too spectacular but enough to start you off for the day. Fantastic room rate for such a great location. Would totally recommend for price concious ciity break travellers - Great value for money.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

Loved this little place!

Hotel Lloret was such a great little hotel and suited our needs to a T.

The hotel itself has got the most perfect location, everything to visit Barcelona is on your doorstep. The tour buses, the Metro station, the aerobus just over the road and of course, La Rambla! The famous street itself has countless restaurants, cafes and bars and is great to just have a stroll.

The hotel is very very clean and well kept. The rooms are more than adequate. We had a bath as well as a shower which is great after a long day of walking. The TV had more than 50 channels, a couple of which in English. Our room was 211 and had a side view of La Rambla, which did affect our quality of sleep but we simply appreciated our location and bought earplugs! On any hotel on La Rambla, you would make use of earplugs.
Another little issue we had was the heating. We couldn't turn the radiator off which made the room very hot. The Spanish must think 15-16 degrees winter is freezing cold, whereas us Scots.. it doesn't get much hotter in the summer! It wasn't a giant problem for us just a little annoying.
The breakfast consisted of yoghurt, cereal, tea, coffee, orange juice, breakfast muffins, croissants, fruit, etc.. which was nice as you look forward to a big lunch & dinner. The staff at the hotel were very helpful and eager to fulfill your needs.

I 100% recommend this hotel. Its such a great little place to use as your base for visiting this beautiful city. Overall we loved it and would happily stay here if visiting Barcelona in the future.

I also recommend the Barcelona bus tour, we did the blue tour (City Sightseeing Company) which took us round the Sagrada Familia and Park Guell. Also a trip to La Boqueria market is a must!
It is well known that La Ramblas, especially, has more than its fair share of pick-pockets. Fortunately, we were not targetted which I imagine was helped by being very aware of everyone around us.

Any questions about the hotel/Barcelona, please don't hesitate to send me a message & I'll try my best to answer your queries.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LSAS19
Funchal, Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

Very good location in La Rambla near Plaça de Catalunia. The single room is very small with a small bed and by night is very noisy so I suggest the use of earplugs.
Very good value for money.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Alberto V
tampa florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2011

For reasons unclear to me Lloret has not been mentioned much in Rick Steves books in a few years. It is the bible as far as Europe goes but this hotel is a wonderful value. It is a Spanish hotel and English is variable but why go to Spain to hear English. I always get a balcony which is loud but great to look out . If you want peace and quiet get a back room. The hotel is old but immaculately clean and very laid back about coming and going , guests et cet. they are helpful with storing luggage. the optional breakfast is ok but given the Spanish night owl atmosphere you might not want to wake up for it. The people are friendly and it is a 100 m from Le Meridien with a better view and the smiles are sincere and not purchased. There is a community refrigerator and I just get bread meat and cheese at the local super mercado then eat when I want. I have stayed at much fancier hotels but for the price Llloret can't be beat. I can't wait to go back. The Ramblas has some really good pickpockets so be sure to leave valuables in the room.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Adelaide, South Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2011

This is a budget hotel. There is no getting around that point. My wife and I were travelling with our 17 year old (6'4" tall) son. Our room was a triple consisting of a double bed and a single bed. This did not leave much room for anything else in the room. Storage consisted of a small exposed rack and nothing else. Actually, this didn't present a huge problem as the airline lost our luggage so we had nothing really to store for most of the time we were there! Our room did not face a street, but was a little noisy from other guests coming and going.
All of that said, the room was spotlessly clean as was the bedding and bathroom. The window we had opened and so we are able to get fresh air into the room, which is always a plus. The front desk staff were excellent, always approachable and helpful with advice and information (very handy when you have no luggage and need to shop urgently!) The HUGE plus for this hotel is the location. When they say it's on Las Ramblas, they mean it's ON it! It is at the top end of Las Ramblas and only a very short walk from the aerobus (airport bus) stop in Plaza de Catalunya. If you are into the hop-on hop-off tourist bus systems, both major companies have their main terminal even closer to the hotel, also in Plaza de Catalunya. Just in behind the hotel is a maze of twisting small alleys and streets filled with reasonably priced tapas bars and cafes. (Just a small plug - a real favourite of our family was La Ginesta at Jovellanos, 3 - a great tapas bar with friendly staff).
Overall, accepting that this is a budget hotel, we rated it very highly and would have no hesitation in recommending it to other travellers.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Sale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2011

I stayed here last week and the overiding reason was the fact that it was right on the Ramblas. I had room 107 which had some full length windows which opened out to a very small balcony overlooking the Ramblas - couldn't get a better location. The hotel itself is perfectly fine and it was very clean. To reach reception you do have to go up a fligh of very narrow stairs so, with no lift, it can be a struggle for those with heavy bags or mobility problems. The guys behind the desk were efficient, without being over-friendly and when I had my wallet stolen (the pickpockets are rife and very clever) they gave me information about police stations, where I could get money transferred as well as general information about the city. My room was very small with limited storage space but it was clean. The bathromm was very clean and the shower was good with plenty of hot water. There was a TV in the room but with no English channels. The breakfast was quite disappointing with just some cereal, pots of yoghurt, bread and criossants with packs of butter and jam. The coffee was dispensed from a machine and was OK but not the best I have had. There was free internet access and there are 2 vending machines where you can gets cans of drink, sandwiches and bars of chocolate etc.. Overall the hotel is pretty good and as a single guy I would have no hesitation in going back - especially at 45 euros a night, given it's location.

Tip: Please beware of the pickpockets. I spent most of the time walking round with my hands in my pocket but last Saturday night, around the Placa de George Orwell area, I was distracted by 2 guys, for no more than 10 seconds and they were off, with my wallet. 1 guy pretended to bump into me and when I went to push him away another guy puts a leaflet in your hand, advertising a bogus dancing bar. The few seconds you are off guard is all they need and they disappeared down an unlit side street so I thought better of chasing them. If you have not been to Barcelona before then I will not lie and say that pickpockets are rare because it is a problem but I would still advise you to go as it is a fantastic city. This was my sixth visit and this incident was the first time anything has happened and I will certainly go back there.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo