“Great Location”

Ranked #261 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Pisa, Italy
“Great Location”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for about 4 days in July. Not only is it in a GREAT location, with the Cataloyna Plazza 2m away, and the Boqueria Market about 10m away, it has awesome air conditioning! The metro is right by it, its on La Rambla with all the shopping, food, and sights to keep you busy for a good day, and at the end of La Rambla is the port. The staff was friendly, the breakfast was decent and they sell the bus tickets for hop on hop off at the desk with a discount. They also have other little cards with discounts too at the front desk. We asked for a street view and balcony when we booked our room online and I even mentioned it was my birthday/anniversary, not only did we get the room we asked for, they also gave us a complimentary gift basket with goodies in it. So sweet, thank you Hotel LLoret!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeskazz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I'm writing my review based on staying there 15 years ago. It was so authentic at that time. We were a travel group of 3 couples. We bargained for our room rates, there was old beautiful marble on the floors and the best old rickety elevator that barely fit 2-3 people. The view was the best and we were obviously aware there would be street noise! They even had us move into another room when they needed our room for more people. It was so fun! Am sad to see they modernized the hotel. The old hostel gave you a true feeling of Barcelona. That said,if I ever visit again I would still want to stay there!

• Stayed October 2013
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I paid 90 euros for a double room and other than the good location I'm not sure what I paid for. The room was simple and so was the breakfast. However the location was right on Las Ramblas so was good for people looking for a city break. The people were very friendly and allowed me to leave my bags for a full day whilst I looked around the city.

Room Tip: All rooms are high above street level so not a problem for noise etc.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Spring Hill
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed one night with my children prior to a cruise. The location could not be beat. It is at the beginning of Las Ramblas and accessible to everything. It is a hotel decorated in Barcelona taste, which I love, as far as the lobby, sitting area etc. The staff at the front desk was knowledgable and nice but at checkout times needed more than one person and one computer (my only complaint). Even if your room is not facing Las Ramblas you can sit out on the Juliet Balcony and enjoy the action below, which we did and thoroughly enjoyed. As with many places in Europe, you need to leave your key with the desk when you go out. We needed a triple and it was located in the back of the hotel so no noise from Las Ramblas. Our room was large and so was the bathroom with a screen tv. It was very basic with 3 beds, a desk, and a night stand. It did have a safe as well. As we were leaving we saw a room facing Las Ramblas for 2 that had been updated and looked very modern. I would definitely book again as the rate was great and ask for the updated room just to have a little color.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room. Rooms in the back are quiet but may not be upgraded yet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ayasha T
Shkoder, Albania
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The location is very good, close to the metro, outside piazza catalunia and right at the beginning of Ramblas. Very easy to be found by us when arrived from the airoport. The rooms were good and cleaned every day, towels changed every day also. The breakfast was fair enough though continental you could find almost everything...Would stay again!

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I've just come back from a 10 day stay in Barcelona - 6 days on business at another hotel and 4 nights here seeing the sights. I chose this hotel due to it's fabulous location and cheap price. It did not disappoint - the location was fantastic, the rooms (though a bit small) were spotlessly clean and the staff were helpful enough. It's the kind of hotel where you are left to it - self service breakfast, staff polite but not overly enthusiastic... that suited us absolutely fine. But I would say if anyone does want a 5 star treatment then go to a 5 star hotel - this hotel is good for what it is - a cheap room in the heart of the city and I would definitely return.

1 Thank DizzyDiscoLizzy
Beijing, China
Reviewed June 23, 2014

just outside the plaza Catalunya, face to the famous street Ramblas,close to everything.
service was just so so. the room and the bed were not comfortable. it was noisy outside the door and the window.
compared with the facilitis and the service, the price......