“Excellent Hotel in Las Ramblas”

Hotel Lloret Ramblas
Ranked #262 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
san juan, puerto rico
“Excellent Hotel in Las Ramblas”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Before traveling to Paris, we stayed two nights in this hotel. This is the first time I stayed in a hotel located in Las Ramblas although I had visited this beautiful city several times since 1980. Our experience was really excellent. In our web reservation we request a room facing Las Ramblas and we got it. The room was very small but clean and a balcony. Jack, Jordi, Alfredo y Marta are the Reception Desk Officers and really each one are EXCELLENT!!! They answered all our inquiries and gave us excellent orientations and tips for tours, restaurants, etc. When we returned from Paris on January 6, we spent two more nights in this hotel and Jack gave us a remodeled room on the third floor, Room 321, which was very comfortable, and also facing Las Ramblas. In addition, all rooms have Free Wifi! !We strongly recommend this hotel because it's centrally located in the heart of Barcelona. Besides the hotel you can find restaurants and shops, few steps from Plaza Catalunya where you can take the Aero Bus from the Airport and costs just only 5.90 Euros. If you book the hotel directly from their Web site the breakfast is included in the room fee. If you use another web site for the reservation, the breakfast will cost 5 euros. It is a small buffet that includes fruits, cereals, juice, bread, cheeses, etc, but is good. It has two coffee machines and is self service. I recommend this hotel for the excellent location, friendly personnel and price!

Room Tip: The hotel is under a restoration, so request for the rooms that are completely remodeled. If you wan...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank elyrivera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Cyprus
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was very disappointed by my choise! Very small rooms and smelly! Especially on the 3rd floor i was staying! My suggestion is to find a better hotel and walk a little longer to and from the centre! With the money we paid we could have found something better than this hotel! I asked for a douple bed and Ramblas view and they wanted to charge me extra at the end! Plus they charge you 1 euro per page if you want to print something! Not very helpfull people at the front desk! The only possitive about this hotel is the location! Stay away!!!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank MinaCY
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Barcelona is a great city; would be my favorite in Europe if Amsterdam didn't exist. We wanted to stay on the Ramblas for our first time here to be able to get a real flavor of the city and the Hotel Lloret was a perfect spot. We got a great double room with a balcony (large enough to squeeze a chair or two on it) overlooking the Ramblas. If you like absolute quiet while you sleep you would be better in a back room but if you close the window it was fine. We enjoyed having the balcony door open at night and hearing everything that was happening out on the street. There were people coming and going until 4 or 5 am, not surprising when you consider that the young folk head out to bars and clubs around midnight or 1:00 am.
The room was good sized with a very nice bathroom. The breakfast was good; we got it every morning of our five. The staff were excellent and the main lobby area was a nice place to wait for stragglers.
The location is excellent.....could walk down the Ramblas to the port, over to the Sagrida Familia and other Gaudi sights. The Gothic quarter is right across the Ramblas while the Raval is just outside and around the corner. The Raval is a little gritter than the Gothic but worth a visit.
Restaurant tip: Ristorante Eden, Provenza 332 con Diagonal. Great Italian food from a wonderful Romanian family. You can take this street to the Sagrida Familia (do the walk first, then eat and drink here).

Room Tip: if you don't worry about a little street noise take a balcony room overlooking the Ramblas. Thi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nimbin2006
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night pre-cruise. I've previously stayed at the Continental across the street. I took the aerobus from the airport to Placa Catalunya and walked about 1/2 block to the hotel (very convenient). My room was small but clean. I had a Ramblas view which was a bit noisy but that didn't bother me. I thought the breakfast was pretty awful so I purchased some yogurt in the grocery store in the basement of El Corte Ingles. I walked to Casa Batllo in the morning as I didn't have much time before leaving for the ship. It is about 6 blocks away. The elevator to the rooms wasn't working so I had to drag my luggage down to the lobby. Luckily I was on the 2nd floor. An employee heard me dragging my luggage and came to help me (yeah!). It was about 15€ taxi to the port. I would stay there again. The location is great and the price is right!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MN2CA
Kimberly, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Couldn't ask for much more convenience than this hotel. Right on la Ramblas, close proximity to all the area has to offer. Friendly and helpful staff, clean room (including a safe, which was a great help), awesome breakfast (at a price, of course), nice lobby area with large windows and balconies (with table and chairs), safe area. Felt right at home. Barcelona is becoming a favorite destination. Good price/value. Will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bill P
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This trip was for 3 lads , ( 18,21,23) one of the lads had stayed there before but this was my first time to hotel lloret. When I first walked in and saw the 1 star I thought o dear we've got 3 days of it here but when we opened the door to our room I couldn't believe the size and cleanliness of the place.Very spacious for 3 lads. Absolutly prime location for the metro and bus tours , we went to watch a Barcelona game and took about 15 mins on the metro which was a stones throw away. Very handy for the bus to take us too and from the airport as well.

• Stayed November 2013
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Very quiet and comfortable room. The hotel was clean and they had a nice breakfast. We did the reservation through their web page and got free dinner at a restaurant: The Living (by the way the paella was excellent).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple