“Better to stay a little further from the centre rather staying in this hotel”

Hotel Lloret Ramblas
Ranked #263 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was very disappointed by my choise! Very small rooms and smelly! Especially on the 3rd floor i was staying! My suggestion is to find a better hotel and walk a little longer to and from the centre! With the money we paid we could have found something better than this hotel! I asked for a douple bed and Ramblas view and they wanted to charge me extra at the end! Plus they charge you 1 euro per page if you want to print something! Not very helpfull people at the front desk! The only possitive about this hotel is the location! Stay away!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank MinaCY
Write a ReviewReviews (1,121)

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Barcelona is a great city; would be my favorite in Europe if Amsterdam didn't exist. We wanted to stay on the Ramblas for our first time here to be able to get a real flavor of the city and the Hotel Lloret was a perfect spot. We got a great double room with a balcony (large enough to squeeze a chair or two on it) overlooking the Ramblas. If you like absolute quiet while you sleep you would be better in a back room but if you close the window it was fine. We enjoyed having the balcony door open at night and hearing everything that was happening out on the street. There were people coming and going until 4 or 5 am, not surprising when you consider that the young folk head out to bars and clubs around midnight or 1:00 am.
The room was good sized with a very nice bathroom. The breakfast was good; we got it every morning of our five. The staff were excellent and the main lobby area was a nice place to wait for stragglers.
The location is excellent.....could walk down the Ramblas to the port, over to the Sagrida Familia and other Gaudi sights. The Gothic quarter is right across the Ramblas while the Raval is just outside and around the corner. The Raval is a little gritter than the Gothic but worth a visit.
Restaurant tip: Ristorante Eden, Provenza 332 con Diagonal. Great Italian food from a wonderful Romanian family. You can take this street to the Sagrida Familia (do the walk first, then eat and drink here).

Room Tip: if you don't worry about a little street noise take a balcony room overlooking the Ramblas. Thi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nimbin2006
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed here for one night pre-cruise. I've previously stayed at the Continental across the street. I took the aerobus from the airport to Placa Catalunya and walked about 1/2 block to the hotel (very convenient). My room was small but clean. I had a Ramblas view which was a bit noisy but that didn't bother me. I thought the breakfast was pretty awful so I purchased some yogurt in the grocery store in the basement of El Corte Ingles. I walked to Casa Batllo in the morning as I didn't have much time before leaving for the ship. It is about 6 blocks away. The elevator to the rooms wasn't working so I had to drag my luggage down to the lobby. Luckily I was on the 2nd floor. An employee heard me dragging my luggage and came to help me (yeah!). It was about 15€ taxi to the port. I would stay there again. The location is great and the price is right!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MN2CA
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Couldn't ask for much more convenience than this hotel. Right on la Ramblas, close proximity to all the area has to offer. Friendly and helpful staff, clean room (including a safe, which was a great help), awesome breakfast (at a price, of course), nice lobby area with large windows and balconies (with table and chairs), safe area. Felt right at home. Barcelona is becoming a favorite destination. Good price/value. Will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bill P
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This trip was for 3 lads , ( 18,21,23) one of the lads had stayed there before but this was my first time to hotel lloret. When I first walked in and saw the 1 star I thought o dear we've got 3 days of it here but when we opened the door to our room I couldn't believe the size and cleanliness of the place.Very spacious for 3 lads. Absolutly prime location for the metro and bus tours , we went to watch a Barcelona game and took about 15 mins on the metro which was a stones throw away. Very handy for the bus to take us too and from the airport as well.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Very quiet and comfortable room. The hotel was clean and they had a nice breakfast. We did the reservation through their web page and got free dinner at a restaurant: The Living (by the way the paella was excellent).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My friend and I stayed in this hotel in October this year, I must admit I was wary as it stated a 1 star. When we got there it was late evening, we were given our room key and we were on the first floor overlooking la ramblas (ok it was a little noisy but the view was amazing) beds were comfortable rooms were clean, bathroom was sufficient for our needs and included toiletries. Breakfast was included although a little basic it was sufficient. At the end of the day we were in Barcelona to sightsee not spend all our time in a hotel room. Would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013