“Perfect for us”

Ranked #254 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
Manila, Philippines
“Perfect for us”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

Location is fantastic and very convenient. We came from the airport and took bus A1 to Plaza Catalunya. It's a very short walk from there.

We were given room 102 which is facing La Ramblas. It is a nice room that has airconditioning, double bed, a closet to keep our things and a nice bathroom. We can hear a little bit of noise from the street but nothing that really bothered our sleep.

Breakfast was breads, cheese, ham, fruits, cereals, juice and coffee.

The young lady at the reception was very nice. Too bad I didn't get her name.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tonypet1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

Great location ...right in the middle of the action.I booked this hotel based on reviews...and i was looking for something clean, great location and not too expensive. It was a great choise. Especially if you are coming from the Airport there is Aero bus going back and forward every 20 min. It will cost you arond 5 Euro to get to hotel. Great place to stay, breakfast was good. Room was small but clean...and i hope ,if you are going to Barcelona, you are not going to spend any time inside a room! Because the spirit on th street is worth to experience! After we checked out we wereeven to leave our luggage on the fron deck while we went to brouse a little bit more before our cruise. If you are going to cruise, the taxi to the port will cost you around 10.euro. Great budget choice!

Room Tip: There were no swimming pool. We had a room on the side of the building, it was quite enough to sleep...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Larisa2010
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

We stayed in this hotel end of July for 3 nights. The only thing going for this hotel is its location- staying on the Ramblas was one of the best things of our trip. The room had very old and basic amenities, and it also had a strange kind of a damp smell. Having the tiny balcony helped and I liked the fact that it overlooked the Ramblas- the noise didn't bother us too much since the aircon was on at night. The bathroom was clean and everything seemed to work fine.The breakfast was a big disappointment with its very limited options, and very bad decor.Infact, we didn't even bother to go for breakfast on the 2nd and 3rd day. Our stay was completely ruined when on the last night, a big cockroach appeared out of nowhere in the room- I went to the reception to get an insect spray/aerosol, and the guy at the reception wasn't in the mood to help at all. He seemed like he just didn't care - and managed to give me one after having to look for it for a few minutes. There were no apologies or anything! So although we managed to kill the cockroach, our stay was thoroughly ruined. Service was just average, but the room quality overall was bad. On the positive side, just next door to the hotel is a great ice cream place - which is a must try!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank worldtraveller178
Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

To the Lloret's defense we did choose to stay on Las Ramblas during Saint John's festival. But in all my travels I have never stayed in a louder hotel!!! We went to bed late, were woken up every 15 minutes to fireworks seemingly right outside our window, and finally just got up at 4am to join the party in the streets since we weren't sleeping at all. Even without the festival the hotel was under construction and not very nice. Take a walk on Las Ramblas, but I wouldn't recommend staying there. We moved to a rented apartment the second day and would recommend that instead. Barcelona is easy to navigate and there is no need to stay right in the center of the tourist area when a metro can get you there easily from anywhere in the city.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

We stayed in Hotel Lloret Ramblas for 3 nights in July. The view is amazing from the balcony but sad to say the good comments stop there. The hotel is extemely run down and badly in need of some TLC! It is a lovely building but seriously needs painting on the outside balcony doors. The balcony is traditionally small but you can hardly stand out on it for the 1970's aircon box and a big dirty plastic bottle to catch any water. The rooms have 2 poor wee single beds and a tiny cupboard and even smaller bathroom. We had to move one off the beds to get the balcony door open. This hotel is not worth what they charge . Honestly the only plus is the location!!!

Room Tip: No good rooms!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

I stayed at the Hotel Lloret Ramblas, upon the insistence of a friend with whom I was traveling because of the great location. But the location comes with all of the late night noise you might expect from the partying on the Ramblas right in front of the hotel. I stayed in three rooms at Hotel Lloret over three nights and was very disappointed. The first room had a dirty bathroom with flies, and I was up until4 AM due to the noise outside because Barca had lost (lucky for me). The second room was supposed to be a "superior room" with internet and was priced considerably higher. It was much nicer but there was no internet, and I had work to do. I was told someone would come the next day, but that I could use a desk in the hallway behind the kitchen for the wifi. I sat there and used VOIP to communicate with work. As I was sitting there on an important call, the same person who told me I could sit there since my room did not have wifi walked by with a couple of men to show them one of the other supposedly superior rooms and started yelling at me in Spanish (I am bilingual) that they could not have a woman sitting in the common area speaking with such force. I had to interrupt my call to tell him that I was on the phone and had no choice but to sit there because they did not give me a room for wifi, which was guaranteed. Later, he decided to call my room to apologize and said he would have someone come to fix the wifi first thing in the morning (btw, wifi is pronouced weefee there). I told him they just needed a second router for that side of the building (if my husband had been there he could have fixed it in 5 minutes). The next morning I spoke with the front desk about the wifi and was told no one was coming or had been requested to come because it was good Friday, so the guy had lied to me to boot. Plus, I was thoroughly exhausted because the superior room was tucked on the main floor behind the breakfast room and kitchen, so the clanking of plates and glasses began around 6 AM, while the revelry outside on the ramblas quieted around 4. The nicer front desk-man moved me to another superior room on a higher floor that had literally just been finished. There was construction dust everywhere in the hallway and the door did not even have a handle! The nightmare continued, but at least I finally had wi-fi and a quiet room. In short, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone I liked.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Kaiserslautern
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

This hotel puts you just off the Cataluna Square and is close to almost everything. Even la Sagrada Familia is just a 20 minute stroll along Barcelona's gorgeous boulevards. I had a street side room and had some difficulty sleeping one night because the soccer team had just one a big competition and everyone was partying all night along the Ramblas.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo