Tripadvisor
Barcelona
All reviews gothic quarter great location las ramblas double room room was clean yogurt budget hotel own bathroom metro station barcelona cathedral air conditioning busy street minute walk coffee machine short stay bunk euros
Selected filters
Reviewed November 23, 2019

I booked this on hotel.com without realizing it was basically a hostel. With that being said, the room was small but comfortable. Walking distance to Las ramblas, the beach and other areas. Even though the church bells went off, I didn't hear them enough to disturb my sleep. If you are okay with a hostel type environment, even though you have your own room, this was a good value. Only thing I didn't like was the safe had a skeleton key type set up, so I was worried someone else might have a key so I didn't use it. Breakfast was provided which was good and I had lunch in the restaurant which was also good.

Room tip: May want to get a room on 2nd floor or higher
1  Thank smartrabbit
Reviewed November 19, 2019 via mobile

I had a great stay at Hostal Fernando.

The location was perfect, just a five minute walk from Las Ramblas and a 10 minute walk from Barcelona Cathedral.

The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was nice.

All of the staff were friendly. Check in and check out was a nice experience.

This is excellent value for money and I would stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank jrwdking
Reviewed November 17, 2019

Stayed in a superior room in this hostel. Our room was more hotel than hostel with own bathroom. Tea and coffee facilities were provided daily in room as well as a small bottle of red wine every evening which was very welcome. Staff were very helpful, the room was clean and give for us. We didn't hear any noise apart from the bells from the nearby church. The only slight complaint would be that the room safe didn't work. Although I'm sure this could have been fixed if we had needed the safe.

The location was great, close to the metro in the Gothic quarter.

Breakfast was great too, no complaints there. Would definitely stay again if traveling to Barcelona

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank HarryHornet1
Reviewed October 5, 2019

Very clean, very stylish and updated. Super friendly and helpful staff. Great free breakfast. In room hairdryer, soaps and shampoo. Hot water pot with instant coffee or tea plus a small bottle of wine left in our room each evening. Rooms are air conditioned and pretty quiet for being on a main road in the gothic quarter. Central to everything and there is also a restaurant with pretty good food. Excellent value.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2019

This property was in an excellent location steps away from all of the hubbub in the Gothic Quarter. The staff was very friendly/helpful and at the front desk at all times. Four friends shared a room with a bunk bed and two twin beds, which was comfortable for all (the bunk bed was a bit tricky for the 50+ crowd, but we made it work without a broken hip). The breakfast was adequate--it could have had more local items (like fresh baked breads, meats, etc.). The room was very simple--no frills but perfect for our needs. I'd highly recommend this place if you are looking for a budget friendly place.

Date of stay: May 2019