“Outstanding...”

Ranked #134 of 9,704 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Raval
Description: Vegetariano, Mediterraneo, Artesano, Sano y Sabroso.
Venice, Italy
“Outstanding...”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I'm not a vegetarian, but I do like vegetarian food, so we walked in on a friday evening and as there weren't any proper tables left, we decided to have a salad and a few appetizers drinking a beer, on the table by the entrance.

So nice was the food that we booked for the day after - we then sampled again various vegetarian nibbles, some excellent vegetarian mini burgers, excellent cheese and tofu croquettes, as well as impressive looking salads, and lovely bloody marys to wash it all down.

Our 1 year old child particularly appreciated the apple and carrots juice and the croquettes.

Highly reccomended

• Turkish first
Cork, Cork, Ireland
“Great value great food”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Trendy vegetarian restaurant. Modern interiors great food. We tried this restaurant after reading the good reviews it got. My husband is vegetarian but it is not always possible to find good ones when abroad. The food is very tasty and very reasonable.

• Visited May 2013
Hertfordshire
“Oh dear...”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went along to this restaurant as I am vegetarian. From the outside, all looked promising and the menu was varied and interesting. Unfortunately, service was slow and the food was served lukewarm. I also suffered from a stomach upset during the night, after eating here. Not one I wish to remember!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank mamapeach
JordiBarriCarles, Gerente at Teresa Carles, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Hi mamapeach,

I'm Jordi Barri, General Manager at Teresa Carles.

I've to admit we're not the fastest restaurant in Barcelona, but that is not casual. I'll give you an example: when a table orders a fruit juice and a salad, we prepare both them strictly fresh. That encompasses final cuttings and squeeze on the go. For sure we'd be far faster if using frozen concentrated fruit juices and pre-cut convenience food, as they do in some other places, but that's not on our quality approach at all.

In terms of food lukewarm, I might say we're not Microwaves super lovers. Thus, we tend to heat all dishes in the oven or pans or stir-frying or similar. If a customer says he/she needs it warmer, we can do that. You should only ask for it. Easy, ha?

I'm so sad you were suffering from a stomach upset after eating at our Restaurant. I've no doubts that's true, but at least I might say that's very wierd. I've been eating Teresa Carles dishes for the last 33 years and never ever have a stomach upset. Neither they've ever had the rest of the 10K customers we serve in a single month at TC. We do have strong quality controls over all our ingredients and, besides that, we do not use "dangerous" food at all: meat, fish, oysters and other shellfish, raw eggs, etc. So maybe your stomach upset was due to any other thing but food eaten at TC?

Thanks for the time spent in writting your review.

Best Regards,
Jordi Barri.
UK
“Simply Amazing”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This place has the most amazing food - the sort that you want to eat again and again and it makes you realise what really well prepared ingredients should taste like.
Not expensive but very special - wish we had one where we live!!

• Visited April 2013
“Great place, great vegi food”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Not expecting to find a vegetarian restaurant in barcelona, I was more than impressed to find two very close to each other. Great place to eat, good choice on the menu and good portions. My partner is not vegi, but enjoyed the new and different tastes at this restaurant. The only thing that let the place down was the music, or lack of it, some romantic back ground music would have made the night.

Visited April 2013