“Fantastic place...”
Review of Tripledos

Tripledos
Ranked #41 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 7, 2013

... We've just returned (1-4 Nov). Clearly Barcelona is a magical historic city but my review is for Tripledos. What a lovely little place this is. Very quaint, very Spanish & in a perfect location being just a 10 minute walk from the main area. Beautiful, slightly vintage décor which is right up my street. We stayed in Room 101 which not only has the most comfortable bed but has its own bathroom (no bath, but a very large shower) & little private dining area should you need it with the breakfast facilities right next door. Also, this room has a 4 post bed (just saying ;-) ) The whole place is warm, cosy and therefore inviting. Endless amounts of tea, coffee & juice. Brilliant breakfast, just what you need to start the day. Very clean & tidy. Fresh towels every day. The owners, Richard & Raquel couldn't be more helpful. So, so, friendly, pleasant & very helpful. The hotel is very secure with a passcode on the main front door, a passcard too as well as your room key. Tripledos is good value for money, suited us perfectly & we wouldn't hesitate to stay again. The owners aren't always there, but they do email you near to your stay for a rough arrival time, they will then be there. If you want their help & advice they are there, if you don't they'll simply leave you to get on with it. Any questions, just ask. :-)))

Room Tip: Room 101, no windows but it does have large double doors that open out to the dining patio area. If...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie W
There are newer reviews for Tripledos

Reviewed October 11, 2013

At the beginning of October I spent a week in Barcelona with my husband. Barcelona is an amazing city, it's obvious. We stayed in Triple2 and this place added charms to our stay. Our room was beatiful and spacious with a bathroom and balcony. Very comfortable, huge beds. Breakfast is nice and more than enough. You can have it on very nice terrace. The shared area is gorgous with delicate and great music at background. Perfect location. 5 min to metro station Passeig de Gracia, 5 min to Universitat, 10 minuts walking to La Rambla. More than helpful Christina and Silvia, very hospitable owners. Triple2 is located on the first floor of a stone house and you can feel inside the amazing atmosphere and ghost of Barcelona. So if you're looking for your place in the city then don't look any further. Just stay with them.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GM_QHotel_Krakow
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a great property right around the corner. Cute rooms with very reasonable rates. The Axis has gone down hill the past few times I stayed and this is great service with nice features. There is a gorgeous tanning rooftop area as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel is beautiful. For barcelona, the prince for the quality of the rooms is unbelieveable. They are huge and with wonderful design. The common area is lovely and relaxing, breakfast is buffet and good, bread, croissants, juice, meat, cheese etc. Fairly cheap quality but good enough and the eating area is nice. Free coffee, tea and buscuits all day. The only problem we had was getting in. The hoteliers don't actually live in the hotel and the phone number connects to another related hotel. We didn't recieve and email asking for our arrival time, and the buzzer for the hotel was not marked on the door. We took about 15 minutes of messing around to actually get in, although Raquel was lovely and helpful when we eventually did. Another couple arrived later when nobody was waiting, whom I let in myself and phoned the given number to ask for someone to come for them. This couple was also waiting around for a long time. Highly recommended, just be sure to confirm arrival time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a great three night stay here at Triple2.
We had a spacious double bedroom with an enclosed balcony, which was great for us as it helped limit the street noise.
We did have to share a bathroom( which we knew about) but this wasn't a major problem for us although for some this might not be ideal. As some reviews mentioned you are asked to email your estimated time of arrival as they are not always there at the property, so make sure you do this so you have a smooth arrival.
The breakfast was nice and tea and coffee facilities were available through out the day/ night.The wifi didn't work for us at the beginning but we got it working eventually. Overall we had a great stay and enjoyed the location and modern style of the B&B.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I didn´t see much of this place since I was there for less than 12 hours but I enjoyed it as much as I could.

The best part was the location and the friendliness/helpfulness of the staff. My room was a bit small (I got the single, so that is to be expected...) but if I had more time in the city I would definitely stay there again but perhaps I would pick a bigger room!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I stayed at Triple2 for a few days whilst visiting friends in Barcelona. The hotel was reasonably priced and offered me everything I needed... centrally located (near Universitat metro), a clean spacious room and a nice breakfast. You will need to share the modern bathroom facilities with other guests, but this didn't cause me any problems as there were two available near my room. The only frustrations I had was a lack of English from the host (we tried our best to communicate!), my room being located on a busy road (I'm a light sleeper) and the need for a wardrobe to hang my clothes. However, this place really does have potential with high ceilings, traditional features and glamorous chandeliers.

Room Tip: A room at the rear may make it easier for light sleepers. Otherwise pack ear plugs.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo