All reviews via laietana picasso museum small balcony metro station barceloneta beach gothic quarter barcelona cathedral minute walk placa de catalunya air conditioning the location is perfect key floor hostel
Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

We booked this pension in Barcelona based on reviews on booking.com that showed a lot of 10’s. It was very misleading , the only high rating this pension should get is for location. It facilitates rate a 5 or 6 and the rooms are small. It’s best for backpackers or young people on a budget but is priced to high for them. For 3 nights for 3 people it was 400 euros. Very good location( noisy at night) but not worth the money, will stay somewhere else next trip. Barcelona was great will be back.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with 2 friends and I am very happy I chose this hostel! The room was very clean, the reception guy very helpful and friendly and the location is perfect! It might be a bit tricky to find.. the entrance is on the left side of a coffee shop and you have to take the lift to 3rd floor :) If you are looking for a cheap place to stay and you are not very fussy, look no more!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Elmer Orlando M, Gerente at Pension Casa Blanca, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Thank you very much for your words, I hope you have really enjoyed of the city of Barcelona. Thank you very much again and see you soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

Reasonably priced small hostel. The rooms are very small, but this may only apply for a couples room with a double bed. Although the room was small it was comfortable and practical, with air-conditioning and a television.
The room is cleaned everyday by staff also providing you with clean towels each day, the room was also in very good conditions when we arrived, very clean.
Location is excellent on via Laietana which is parallel to las ramblas. It is also about a 4 minute walk from the basilica of Santa maria which is a must see (It's also free!) and La catedral by Gaudi.
Below the hotel there is also a coffee shop called cappuccino, as well as many other small coffee shops, bars and restaurants within the area.
There is 2 metro stops within a 50m walking distance from the hostel, as well as several bus stops and the bus stop of the Barcelona City tour bus.

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed July 6, 2017

I wouldn't say it's cheap, since I get paid in a weak currency, but hey...this hotel was in the first page when ordered by price, so I guess it's cheap for the city, and for that I think it is a really good find.

As said by others, location is key, it's really amazing. But other than that, the hotel/pension has really everything you need to be comfortable: air conditioning, private bathroom, free wifi and...did I already mention air conditioning?

Some things could be a little bit better, like the towels which were pretty scratchy and the shower which was really small (or maybe I'm just fat), but those are really minor stuff.

The staff is pretty helpful, cleaning is spotless and even the towels were changed daily. Another plus was the communication by email prior to our arrival, it was always fast, all questions answered, no surprises.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2017

The location is excellent, right next to the metro stop and in the heart of the gothic quarter. It is perfect to explore the city. As others had said, be aware the reception is on the 3rd floor (actually the sixth floor, press 3 in the lift).

I think we were lucky with the room we had, it was a decent size with an incredible balcony overlooking the street and our shower had great water pressure and had a screen instead of a curtain. The room was clean and roomy enough for two.

However the staff were odd to say the least. The receptionist when we arrived didn't speak much english which was fine, what he could say in english was "don't put the air con on with the windows open" which is fair enough. The air con however wasn't the most straightforward to operate. So after fiddling about with it in the evening, we shut the windows and left for the evening. When we returned, we saw that the air con remote control had been confiscated! So i asked the receptionist and he shouted at me saying i'd left it on! I said i'm sorry and it was a mistake and he reluctantly handed it back to me! I feel like the situation could have been handled a bit better.

The next day we left the room for the day and then came back to find that our bags had been repacked and zipped up. Nothing was missing but, as two people that travel a lot, we are used to cleaners generally cleaning around our belongings but generally leaving our things alone. It wasn't like we'd left the room in a tip either!

Overall a mixed bag, but the price and location is very good.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Elmer Orlando M, Director de Recepción at Pension Casa Blanca, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2017

We told them very clearly that they turned off the air conditioning on leaving the room and there is also a notice inside the room, but they did not obey, the air conditioning left it running all day. That's why they bothered. I regret that your stay has not been to your liking.
Have a good day and thank you very much