“Excellent Apartment in the Heart of the City”
Review of Majestic Residence

Majestic Residence
Ranked #343 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Nice size apartment, right in the heart of the city. The 2 Bedroom 2 Bath was a welcome change, after being in a Cruise cabin for 9 days. Excellent location with easy access to public transportation. Definitely would stay here, again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Residence, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions with us on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to read that we were able to offer an experience up to your great expectations, and that you liked the comfort and the great location of the apartments.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon here at the Majestic Residence.

There are newer reviews for Majestic Residence

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed for 5 nights recently--parents and two children, ages 9 and 10. I would highly recommend these apartments as a place to stay if you are travelling with a family. There were two nice-sized bedrooms, and a great family room and a galley kitchen. It was really spacious and I could have lived there for months. The bathrooms were also great, as was the deck. The blackout blinds were awesome but did not work in one room. The only reason I am not giving 5 stars is maintenance issues: jetted tub jets broken, broken blind, window which would not close. The management sent a fruit basket (large one) after finding out about the problems. Our unit did have a phone to call the associated hotel. Traveling with kids, having a washer and dryer in the unit was great. Staff at the hotel was awesome and the hotel was beautiful and just across the street. I would definitely return, and I think the cost is really reasonable. You know you are in a great part of town when Chanel, Gucci, Prada, etc are within a block of your digs!

Room Tip: High floor preferred.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Residence, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your last stay at the Majestic Residence.
I am delighted to read that you and your family had a great time with us. Once again, I am sorry for the trouble you had with some of the features which were not working properly. I am even more happy to see that you would still recommend the Majestic further.
The entire team hopes to be able to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

These apartments are huge and we paid for a view of the Passeig de Gracia (well worth it). The beds are quite comfortable and the bathrooms clean and spacious.

The hotel across the street is stunning and we really enjoyed the bar. The only opportunity for improvement would be to paint the apartment, get a new living room table (the laminated top was warped and cracking) and maybe get a slightly less cheap couch in the living room.

The door handle to a shared entryway broke off and there was no way to contact the fornt desk other than to walk over to the hotel. They might consider a house phone in the lobby of the apartments.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Passeig de Gracia on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Residence, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to read that we were able to give you an overall enjoyable experience and that you
found the Residence spacious, comfortable and clean.

I will make sure that your comments will be shared to the related department.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

My friend and I had booked a two bedroom two bathroom apartment and were wary at first because there had been some argy-bargy with the local travel agency and the hotel in Barcelona when I asked for a room layout in advance of our meeting in Spain... and there was some denial by the majestic Group that we were to get the second bathroom etc although they were already fully paid for. Anyway months later, on arrival the hotel Majestic (which manages the apartments from their main building across the road) management not only upgraded us immediately to an apartment with a lovely view of elegant and buzzy Paseig de Gracia, but when we politely complained of a smell in the lounge perhaps of cigarettes they not only dealt with the smell but - for the last five nights of our 7 - they upgraded us to their best apartment - a 4 bedroom double storey duplex! The views of Casa Mila (La Pedrera) and out to the Sagrada Famillia were enough to make us (as Gaudi architecture fans) weep with joy! Yes as other reviewers say the apartments at the Majestic residence do NOT have basics like dishwasher tablets and teabags, nor are they serviced daily by cleaners. But this is a minor drawback....we could easily buy all the goodies and basic we needed and we really appreciated the generosity of the staff and management. The gym in the main hotel was a big plus too, as was the concierge service in general. I might stay in the hotel itself next time if for a shorter stay or with my spouse. However this "live like a (very rich) local personage experience" made our visit to a beautiful city even more relaxed and interesting,

Room Tip: It is great when five star properties choose to give guests a taste of their best rooms with complim...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank more63

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your comments with us following your recent stay at the Majestic Residences.

I am glad to hear that your experience was up to your great expectations and that you appreciated the generosity of the staff, the Fitness Center and our Concierge service.

I really hope to have the chance to welcome you and your close relatives soon in the Majestic Hotel & Spa.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed 11/1-4/2013 in the apartment building. Perfect location, very nice & spacious two-bedroom apartment. Clean, well-stocked, high ceilings and standing balcony. Check-in, bell and concierge services were extremely helpful, which since this was our first time in Barcelona really was appreciated. I work on the Magnificent Mile in Chicago - this area felt very similar. Easy to walk to Las Ramblas, Cathedral, Gaudi sites, etc. and very close to public transportation (to/from Magic Fountain - a must-see if you can!).

We only tried to eat at the hotel one time - dinner on the rooftop lounge (view is worth the trip!) but the service was dreadful. Three times we had to seek out the waiter to get help... It was not busy so no excuse. We finally left to eat elsewhere. This was the ONLY negative experience we had - everything else more than made up for it so would definitely stay again & recommend to others!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions with us on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you have chosen the Majestic Hotel & Spa for your first stay in Barcelona, and that you have appreciated the great comfort and the location of the Majestic Residences.

I am also happy to read that our concierge team could give you good advices since it was your first trip to Barcelona.

However, I deeply regret about the bad experience you have reported concerning your dinner at La Dolce Vitae. Be assured, that I will forward your acknowledgments to my team.

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back again at the Majestic Hotel & Spa !

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Spent four nights at Majestic Residence two bedroom apartment in October. Fantastic location, clean, quiet spacious apartment. The hotel staff was extremely helpful. It was my birthday so when my husband asked for help surprising me with a birthday cake at the rooftop bar the staff was very accomodating. When I return to Barcelona I will return to Majestic.

Room Tip: When traveling with 3 or more people choose the apartments
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Residence, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving such kind words for us. I am pleased to read that you very much enjoyed the Majestic apartments and that your husband was able to surprise you for your birthday with a little help from us.
I hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future at the Majestic Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Very nice apartment. Very large, clean and in an excellent location. You go out and walk and your in the center of Barcellona, at walking dstance to the Ramblas and the seaside. The price to quality ratio was also good

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MarcoK9649LR

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion with us. I am glad to read that you very much enjoyed your last stay with us and that you found a good price/quality ratio.
I hope to be able to welcome you back to the Majestic Hotel & Spa in the near future!