“Excellent in all ways”
Review of Majestic Residence

Majestic Residence
Ranked #350 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The Majestic Residence is a real find and a perfect alternative to a hotel room.

The apartments are spacious, well decked out and are very well located in the middle of town.

For anyone staying in Barcelona, this is a real find. We were staying with my three year old son, and so this is perfect for children, with plenty of space.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul D

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed for three nights in August with my husband and two children. Check in is at the Majestic hotel across the street. It was very busy during our stay and our room was ready a half hour later than check in time. Our two bedroom apartment was huge and modern and offered an enormous well equipped, though very sterile kitchen. We knew the apartments do not come with hotel services and amenities but thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the Majestic hotel across the street. The room comfort was just okay. My bed was extremely hard and my daughter's was extremely soft. Pillows were uncomfortable. Unfortunately, the room neighboring ours was occupied by smokers and the smell of smoke wafted through the hallway and into our apartment constantly. My asthmatic son coughed every night we were there. While we understood that housekeeping was not included, garbage was supposed to be left in the hallway and picked up daily. We saw garbage pile up in the hallway for well over 24 hours during our stay. The front desk at the hotel was clearly overwhelmed by the volume of guests, so concierge service was not worth the wait. The best thing about the apartments is the location! Great place for touring Barcelona as well as access to restaurants and shopping. Would consider returning of traveling as a family and hope NOT to be next to smokers.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JessLCH
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was at Hotel Majest over 20 years ago and this year, thanks to Hispack exhibition, I got the opportunity to book it again.
I booked a double room and as I arrived I had the surprise of an upgrade and we will be accompained to the Majestic Residence. What I have to say: just only wonderful!
The appartment was really good furnished and I got the feeling it has always been my home.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2012

After a lot of apartment searching I finally decided to book the majestic apts on a friends recommendation and I have never been more pleased with an apartment hotel. This hotel was bang on passeig de gracia which is the most high end street in Barcelona and just a walk away from the famlous la ramblas thus making it totally accessible to all the restaurants and stores but still away from all the hustle bustle. The apartment itself was huge and extremely well equipped with dishwasher ,washing machine dryer and extremely clean and well maintained.the interiors were extremely modern and fancy . Being just across the hotel made it v comfortable as far as availing of the services went.the only drawback was that there was no towel change or linen change nor was any sort of housekeeping included which considering the prices should have been . besides that little detail everything else was beyond perfect and I would totally stay there again !!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2012

When in Barcelona, if you prefer to relax in "your own place" then this is the ideal choice. Right on the Main Drag of Passeig de Gracia and just a 5 minute walk to Las Ramblas and many of the other sites in this wonderful city. Lots of restaurants and shopping are also nearby. Of note in this residence is that if you stay here you also get to use the facilities of the Majestic Hotel just across the street. Pool, Spa , room service etc...

The apartment I had was two bedrooms, quite large and very comfortable. The decor was very upscale and ultra modern, full kitchen with designer fixtures, hardwood throughout and nice large flat screen TV.

Only draw back for some is that because it is a residence you only get the maid cleaning service once a week, more visits and be obtained for a fee I believe.

All in all a great place for just about anyone visiting Barcelona, lots of space and very clean. You willl feel like you are at home right in the center of Barcelona. ENJOY!!!

Room Tip: If you like it quiet you may want to ask for an apartment in the rear of the building and not on Pas...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The apartments were as described, and although a little worn, were spacious and well insulated against any noise from the Passeig de Gracia. Perfect for family accommodation, much better laid out than hotel suites, and far better value. Great amount of storage space, and lovely shower. Could not have asked for a better location - in the middle of the best shopping district, with Gaudi buildings on the doorstep and quick and easy access to other parts of the city worth seeing and exploring. Good breakfast buffet (ours was included in the price - I think we may not otherwise have taken it). Overall very postive and I would recommend it. Staff were helpful making restaurant recommendations and phone calls. There were downsides though: we had to hang around for 5 hours after arrival before we could get to our room. As we arrived at 11.30 and check in is only at 3, I can understand part of the wait, but the queues at reception were very long - nearly 30 mins at 11.30, to be told that we could leave luggage but couldn't check in until 3, so another 20 min queue at 3 - only to be told after check in that our apartment would not be ready for at least another hour as the previous inhabitants had left late. We didn't get into the apartment until 5, and with two young children in tow, during the hottest part of the day, that was a real pain. Having said that, they did give us a very nice discount for the inconvenience.
The other gripes are smaller but irritating: why on earth is it necessary to visit an underground bunker (aka the business centre) to get internet access, involving a complicated procedure with a mobile phone and receiving a text with a pass code, for one free hour of internet? Most places manage to have wifi now, and this would have made things much easier for us (in terms of looking up museum opening times, restaurant details etc).

Room Tip: It's worth paying the extra to have a view over Passeig de Gracia, and to be higher up.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We booked a wonderful two bedroom apartment with Paseig de Gracia views and were not disappointed. The apartments are a little worn - the master bedroom needed a plumber to fix a few things! - but they are spacious and great for traveling with your family or friends. They are located across the road from the hotel but the door is clearly marked so you won't get lost. There is a Hop-On Hop-Off bus stop just a block away which is great for touring the city. Plenty of cafes on your doorstep too offering breakfast from just a few euro. The terrace on the 10th floor of the hotel is a "must do" for sunset cocktails. A lovely breeze comes off the sea, the cocktails and wine list are extensive and the views are beautiful.

We only had two gripes. Firstly, as with other guests, the hotel should really offer free wifi. The rigmarole involved in getting the code, finding the business centre and getting online is ridiculous in this day and age. Most youth hostels offer free wifi so I don't understand why this five star hotel doesn't. Secondly the apartments have no amenities except in the bathroom (shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer). For the price we paid per night - which was a lot - I think the least the hotel should offer is a couple of tea bags, maybe a bottle of water (it's only 1 to 2 euro for a 1.5ltr bottle) and a couple of pods for the advertised Nespresso machine. It was more like we were staying in a long term apartment where you would expect to have to do a trip to the supermarket than a hotel. Actually a trip to the supermarket wouldn't be so bad if you were given directions to the nearest shop! A breakfast pack is available through the hotel for 42 euro. Excessive in my opinion. You could also buy packs of 30 Nespresso pods or a 6 pack of water. Note the Nespresso shop is next door so you could buy your own but they are sold in packs of 10. I was only there 2 nights so didn't need that many.

Also a note that the apartments are only serviced during stays of 7 nights or more. As the apartments are all operated by the hotel I think they could do a quick towel change or make the beds each day, but it's not a deal breaker.

The apartments offer wonderful space and a lovely view (if you book one) and are perfect as a retreat for a daytime siesta or a good night sleep. Full kitchen and laundry facilities useful for families. I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends