“Rude Staff & Poor Upkeep”

Hotel El Avenida Palace
Ranked #158 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I booked the hotel for 1 night via a mobile apps for same night stay. The staff was rude and unfriendly. The room bathroom was not properly clean and our bed had holes in the sheet. I've experienced hostels that displayed more luxury than Hotel Avenida Palace. Very sad experience, indeed.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cstallin

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stayed here with teenage children and had to fit a lot into four days. It was comfortable, helpful, friendly and efficient and convenient for everything. We also got a good deal. We ate all meals but one breakfast out and there were plenty of places close and down towards the water.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HillyCirencester
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Central located hotel, with classic decoration. The rooms are very spacious.
Walking distance to Plaza Catalunya, Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter.
Service is not that good and personal seems to be uninterested.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vhattum
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Barcelona as a city has stunning architecture, vitality, great people ---matched by the splendour and quality of the Avenida Palace. Great location for the Ramblas and Cataluyna Square, excellent hotel decor in salons, staircases and in bedrooms; friendly staff, lovely breakfast! Walls adorned by portraits of the founders of the family who still run the hotel. Great attention to detail.
To celebrate my wife's birthday we could not have chosen a better city nor a better hotel. Thank you.

Andrew and Sally Cooper

Room Tip: We were in 707-great lift service. A pool is being buit on the roof in the coming year.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Coopsajc
JavierTomas, Manager at Hotel El Avenida Palace, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear Coopers,
First of all thank you for choosing the Avenida Palace for your last stay in Barcelona.
After your reviews I see that we have reached your expectations and that's our aim.
We work to make our customer stay an unforgetable experience.
I remain for any further assistance should you need in Barcelona, I hope, in anear future.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

After visiting Portugal & Spain for 12 day tour, My friends and I stayed an extra night. I selected The Avenida Palace hotel, since I happened to see a good price of $150 online at WorldHotels. This is an old hotel that has been renovated, and done well. The rooms are large by European standard, classy appearance, lots of wood. I got a room in the back facing away from street (read on Trip advisor that this city is noisy at night). The amenities/toiletries in the bathroom were good stuff-from L'Occtaine group (french made soap, shampoo). Best sleep that night in Spain.
The lobby had elegant shining staircase, like out of a movie set in the 1930s. Had to photograph it. The hotel lobby staff were nice & helpful. There was a problem with my account. I had prepaid for 2 rooms. But the hotel charged me an extra time. Took a few phone calls to WorldHotel, and e-mails to Avenida Palace to get this corrected after I got back to US. Saw the refund in my credit card account today. YEAH!
Beware there is a separate City Tax, only about 2 Euros.
This hotel is well located to the action. Near Catalunya Square, the next street full of high end stores. 3 blocks to La Ramblas, and we walked to the Beach. Forgot how long, since we went to shops along the way. Also, next morning, 3 blocks to the Aeroport Bus, 5.9 Euros only to airport. Much cheaper than taxi.
My other friend stayed at a 1 star hotel for $100 on La Ramblas. I Went to see it. Like an old motel room, small size & old, but the weird odor gross me out.
To me, this hotel is a good deal. Clean, smells nice, linen are crispy white. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.
Only draw backs: slow internet. TV only had a few channels. I couldn't get my room phone to work (but i didn't need these items, since i was on vacation. All that walking, Tapas, & wine= a good night's sleep was most important)

Room Tip: Ask for room towards the back of hotel. I wrote that on my Internet request, and they honored it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Adam C
JavierTomas, Manager at Hotel El Avenida Palace, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Traveler,
we are proud to have achieved your expectations on your stay and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again on your next visit to the City.
I remain for any further assistance should you need.

AVENIDA PALACE HOTEL * * * *sup

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

We appreciated the excellent location as well as friendly and helpful staff. Expertly located next to La Rambla and Casa Batlo as well as the best tapas in Barcelona. Room was spacious and well furnished with a large bed. Only con was breakfast was kind of expensive and the price changed from day to day with no real change in menu.
Would definitely stay again. Highly recommend

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank linh88
JavierTomas, Manager at Hotel El Avenida Palace, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for all your comments about the hotel, as per your review, I can see that we have reached your expectations on your stay and that's our aim.
We are already working to improve our breakfast and the variety of it.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again.
I remain for anything you may need from us.

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Excellent location, two minutes walk from Catalunya square. We had a room facing the street. The room lovely, clean and beautiful. The room overlooking the square with a fountain. Hotel staff are polite and nice. Breakfast includes a buffet, cheeses, sausages, eggs, breads, pastries, delicacies and fruits. Overall I highly recommend for this hotel

2  Thank adis75
JavierTomas, Manager at Hotel El Avenida Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Traveler,
First of all thank you for choosing the Avenida Palace Hotel foir your last stay in Barcelona.
Your comments fills us with pride and satisfaction after seeing that we have reached our aim achieving your expectations on service and confort.
We are already improving our facilities.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again on your next trip to Barcelona and show you our new facillities.
I remain for any further information should you need.