“Be aware!”

Ranked #486 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Cabo Matapalo. Peninsula de Osa
“Be aware!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had to stay at Husa Pedralbes after the Husa chain management moved me without notice from Husa Arenas. I found out by myself the day before! Of course, I wanted to make sure I'm getting a room in the same price range. The management confirmed the same price we had originally agreed on. What a surprise as on check out I received a totally different number on the bill, 40% more than they told me in the email! Far too expensive for what you get! Be aware and make sure to double check the room rate!
The hotel is mediocre as best. I chose this place because I had a training in the area, otherwise you better stay somewhere nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ojodelmar
Jorge C, Gerente at Hotel Pedralbes, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Mrs. Customer,

First of all, please forgive the inconvenience you had in our hotel.

Let me explain your booking at Arenas Hotel.

You had a Non Rembolsable booking and this kind of reserve is charge 100% when you make it.

The crédit card that you gave us, did not work. We tried to contact you by email, without success.

We offered you Pedralbes Hotel and you finally accepted.

You reserved for 4 nights, and at the end you have stayed 5. The difference is the fifth night you have stayed

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
Frankfur
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Wasn't really hoping much out of this hotel after reading the reviews, but was greatly surprised. Everything was clean, room was comfortable and the location, although a tad away from the city center (having a metro station nearby that's little to no problem) was surprisingly nice.
I would recommend it specially to business trravelers, but it's a great value for the buck for everyone (we all know how expensive Barcelona can be).
A special praise for the hotel stuff, who were amazingly friendly and helpful (helped me move around the city and solved a big issue I couldn't have solved by myself).

Will come again for sure next time I'm over there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jorge C, Gerente at Hotel Pedralbes, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Mr. Nils,

We greatly appreciate your comments.Thank you for posting this positive review and we are delighted that your expectations were fulfilled with us. It is always nice to hear that our guests found our service good.

In the meantime, I’m taking this opportunity to remain at your entire disposal.

We hope to see you again at Husa Pedralbes Hotel in a near future.

Yours sincerely,

The management
south africa
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in July 2012 and found the accommodation and service excellent. The area is upper class but historic. It is well situated within walking distance of a metro station which is on a main throughfare.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Jorge C, Gerente at Hotel Pedralbes, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Distinguished guest,

We would like to sincerely thank you for your kindness in having written your comments on your stay in July at Husa Pedralbes***.

Thank you for posting this positive review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always nice to hear that our guests found our service good. We highly appreciate your impressions on our hotel, since our guests’ opinion certainly helps us to maintain and improve our services and facilities.

In the meantime, I’m taking this opportunity to remain at your entire disposal.

We hope to see you again at Husa Pedralbes Hotel in a near future.

Yours sincerely,
The management
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The bedroom was fairly clean. The bathroom was barely clean. I think the bedroom part has been updated, but the bathroom needs major re-grouting and re-caulking.

The breakfast is adequate. It's food, but not much variety nor taste. Most mornings the yogurt was plain or coconut. The breakfast room staff were not happy campers -- not a way I liked to be greeted in the morning.

The front desk staff are friendly. That's the best thing about this hotel.

The worst thing was that there isn't a safe in the room. I had a luggage lock on one of my bags with valuables in it. It's a 3 number combination lock. I set the lock on a particular number when leaving the room and I noticed that it was changed to a different number when I returned. Pretty obvious that the cleaning person tried to open the lock.

I will never stay here again and do not recommend the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

Switzerland
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights (my husband 7) as he had classes at esade so the location was impacted by the need to be close to esade. The way my husband was describing it made me nervous before I arrived. However it really is not that bad. The location is OK. It is far from La Rambla but the subway station Maria Christina is quote close so we have been using that a lot. On late nights back from town we have used cabs at abou €12 a ride. The rooms are not massive but fine and definitely sufficient. We did not eat breakfast here but they have a buffet for €10 which I find pretty pricey. Overall, I am pleased considering what we paid for it(no need to spend €200 a night when in Barcelona- the weather is superb so really we spent no time in the room).

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank windvalley
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Staued here for 2 nights on business trip. Whole experience is average. Rooms are pretty small and the beds are uncomfortably hard (for my taste). I had a room at the backside of the building, so no view. Bathroom could use an update.
On the plus side they have free wifi and it is very quit (due to double doors in the room). Nice area it is located in with shops and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MAO1163
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Comfortable stop over place on the way to skiing in Andorra. Friendly place with a comfortable room in a nice area, away from main tourist zone.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo