“Quality and comfort for peanuts”
Review of NH Sants Barcelona

NH Sants Barcelona
Ranked #216 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here in the middle of an August heatwave and so were no too dissapointed with the lack of any natural light in what was otherwise a modern, clean and comfortable room, very spacious with an enormous bathroom. Im sure you can get a room with a window fir a little extra but at 99 euro for 2 nights we had struck a bargain. The area the hotel is located in, while being close to sants, is pretty bland and totally dead at night so stock up on supplies in the day, we didnt and so made good use of the mini bar despite the vertical prices. A couple of irritants were the lack of extra pillows or ironing equipment (there is a pricey laundry service however). Overall for the price it was superb value, a 4 star room for a 2 star price. would recomend over any if the other budget options in Barcelona.

There are newer reviews for NH Sants Barcelona

Reviewed November 13, 2012

For starters, the "free" wi-fi is absolutely useless. As slow as can be. Staff absolutely no help at all in addressing. Totally indifferent.

There's no clock in the room. That's not helpful.

The hallways are noisy. I could hear every door open and close, all night long.

Staff in general is not helpful. I arrived before check-in, asked if there was someplace to wash up, and they directed me to a bathroom in the restaurant.

Bed is fine, shower fine as Europe goes. But if you have to do work, forget it.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Aipotu
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at the NH Numancia over the weekend and i have to say i was very impressed. We travelled from Ireland to Barcelona for one night only to go to a Barcelona v Celta Vigo match in the Nou Camp. I chose this hotel mainly because of its proximity to Barcelona Sants train/bus station as all trains and buses from both Girona and Reus depart and arrive at this station and also its proximity to the stadium. We were very impressed with the cleanliness of the entire hotel on arrival and were greeted by a very friendly receptionist. Good size rooms, very modern and clean. We had a little difficulty with temperamental key cards but other than that everything was very good. Having left Ireland without a travel adaptor i was very impressed with reception as they were able to give us one for the duration of our stay free of charge. I was unable to get my iphone charger to plug into charger dispite all other appliances working in it so the man at reception kindly let me use his charger at reception which i thought was absoluely excellent customer service. Nou camp stadium is roughly 15mins walk from the hotel so absolutely ideal for those attending maches as trying to get buses/taxis as 80000 fans spill out of the stadium wouldn't be easy. Bars and restaurants closeby too so we didn't need to seek transportation into the city centre after the match. All in all a very enjoyable stay. Would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LML80
A TripAdvisor Member
Barcelona
Reviewed October 31, 2012

One of the things I value highly in any hotel is the service. It can make all the difference. And the service on this occasion was about as poor as I've ever had. I'm an early riser, and when I called room service at 6 am to ask for a cup of coffee (or tea, or ANYTHING), I was told that there was no one there who could take care of this, and indeed wouldn't be until 8 am at the earliest. BUT, they said, I could come downstairs to the lobby and use the coffee machine. EXCEPT, as I discovered, the coffee machine wasn't working and would have to be repaired. This came with a shrug of the shoulders and a suggestion that we go down the road to a bar and have some there.

I guess it was the complete indifference which got to me. The basics were bearable - just - but I won't be going back any time in the future if I can help it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Myself and a friend stayed there for 2 nights recently for the Barcelona v Real Madrid game. Ideally located a short walk from Sants station. Good size rooms, modern, clean with a safe and air conditioning etc. Great value for money and ideally located for getting to Camp Nou. also on the same road a number of nice little bars and restaurants and a supermarket. it's not great if you want to be close to La Rambla etc but then there are metro stations and if you like to walk then again it's not a hard city to get around.

Having stayed in 2 NH hotels in Barcelona, i have never had a problem. I have always found them to be clean and quiet, staff very friendly and always great value for money. I would certainly not hesitate to stay here again. Not sure what all the other negative reveiws are for but then ui guess you can't please everyone. However i would class myself as fussy especially with cleanliness and a light sleeper. I was completely satisfied with both of the latter.

5 stars from me.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Richard C
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night in september before catching our flight back home to North America. Our room was a standard queen, clean and modern. However, the hotel is very noisy - hallway footsteps, doors, and voices are especially clearly heard from the room. Our rate included the breakfast buffet which has a large selection and follows the NH brand format ( fresh juices, bread, pastries, fresh fruit, yogurts, coffee, and options for eggs/bacon from the kitchen. )

There is a huge mall about a 15 minute walk away with tons of stores and food options.

NH Calderon was a much better experience and centrally located. Recommend Calderon for new travelers to Barcelona instead.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

It's a difficult walk from train station as the street is uneven. The first morning we wake up from the bed and saw a small insect crawling on the bed, thought it was cockroach. When we try to smash it and the bed sheet turned to red. We saw more coming from everywhere. We called the manager and they had upgraded the top floor room for us. Basically I would rather change hotel but unfortunately we booked through hotel.com and had been charged full.
We thought we didn't got any bites and so we just changed the room but after we left home about a week later. All bites came out through over face and body. I sent 2 email to the hotel but no one reply to me. I will say I won't go this hotel anymore and it is so bad for not replying customer.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family