“Sort of ok if on a budget”

Citadines Ramblas Barcelona
Ranked #141 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
“Sort of ok if on a budget”
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

I was given a smoking room! Enough said.

Location was great though. The room seemed clean too. But I stank of smoke after sleeping there one night and ended up changing hotels.

Also you have to pay extra to get the room cleaned daily!?

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Buttersflower

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed there 8 days - loved the location and we were very happy with the room. Citadines is right in the heart of the Las Ramblas and close to everything. Most of all we were so pleased with all of the help and kindness the front desk representative, Maria, provided. Not only did she point out restaurants, she guided us with our side trips, and she was so kind in helping with the metro. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room in the front on Las Ramblas - we could hear people in the street, but we liked the liv...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TiaMarlena
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife and two kids under 10. The apartment we had was well laid out and even after the fold out beds were rolled out for the kids there was still plenty of room to move around. And even better, the kids area could be closed off once they were asleep. The apartment was clean, staff were great and there was free wifi available in a common area. Location wise, it doesn't get much better. This place is in the heart of La Rambla. Recommended.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dean M
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in June and found Citidines to have great facilities, a large, clean room with comfortable beds and a great bathroom. Good location with Las Ramblas right on your doorstep having great shopping and many different food choices including fantastic tapas. I would definitely stay here again if we are in Barcelona.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed there for 6 nights in an apartment and it was fine. If you are expecting and needing all the facilities of a hotel it's not. We had a one bedroom studio, everything worked well. I don't think many people cook as the night I did I set the smoke alarm off so as a tip use the exhaust fan regardless. Our room was on the ramblas and it was noisy but we both wore ear plugs and it was okay. It cost us 9eu to wash and dry but we thought that was reasonable. The Internet is only in the lobby , but we had friends staying across the road that gave us their password so we were able to sit in starbucks and tap into the hotel. Otherwise use Starbucks but its I only 45 minutes a time and it taps out. The staff were very friendly and helpful, gave us tips of where to go etc but they are not concierges. It truly is in the best location for everything and we would stay again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We took a studio room, which included a functional kitchen, a sitting areas and a bedroom and a balcony. The room was spacious and the bathroom also was decent sized. the best part about this aparthotel is that for first time travelers to Barcelona, this is the best location. its right on La ramblas. everything is very close from here, the Metro Station, supermarket is right opposite the hotel and its walking distance from el cortes ingles, which is the largest departmental store in Barcelona. The staff was very friendly and helpful too. our only problem with this place was sometimes it used to get too noisy as the street itself is very noisy. there was even a laundry service you could use at the basement. which was very reasonable and easy to use. I anyways like staying at Apart Hotels and this one qualified as a good one.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank karmakola_001
Aus and Japan
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I chose the Citadines as it is managed by the Ascott group whose properties I've stayed at before.

Very friendly welcome from receptionist who was also helpful throughout my stay. Room not ready (I was early) but I was offered complimentary tea/coffee/water, plus use of the wifi and storage for my luggage.

I asked for a quiet apartment and was a bit disappointed to be put in a room opposite a lift, but it was very quiet, and situated at the back of the building. I slept very well until the last night when someone chanelling Keith Moon partied on next door (you can't choose your neighbours!). The sound-proofing seemed good, but he was extra loud! Aircon worked fine, room was very clean although a bit shabby. The facilities of a studio apartment outweighed the shabbyness. Had one maintenance issue which was immediately sorted out.

Kitchenette was equipped with dishwasher and all crockery etc you would need. I didn't use the laundry facilities (not in room).

Opposite is a Carrefour Express (supermarket) and opp. to the left is the food market where you can pick up beautiful bread, tapas, fruit, juices, etc. (Spanish opening times). There is also a very good supermarket in the Placa de Catalunya (at top of Rambla and to the right), in the basement of department store El Corte Ingles. This is also a good spot to buy Spanish food items (olive oils etc) or homewares to take home.

Citadines is a great location on Rambla but do take a look on the internet about the scams and pickpocketing in Barcelona (everywhere from what I could see) and take precautions especially in tourist areas, the metro and the Gothic/old city areas. I witnessed the aftermath of several pickpockets and a scam in the space of 3 days, it is not pretty and such a time waste for travellers affected. I felt I could not relax at all (being a solo female traveller on this occasion) and it seems the authorities are not doing anything to clean this up.

I would definitely stay at the Citadines again if I went back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo