“Nice small and quiet place with interesting and tasty dishes”
Review of Restaurant Gut

Restaurant Gut
Reserve with
Restaurant Gut is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #293 of 9,704 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gracia
Description: Gut opened in the bohemian yet alternative Gracia district in Barcelona. This originally-styled restaurant is decorated in white and pale colours throughout, with clean lines and Scandinavian design influences. The breakfast, lunch and afternoon from 6 pm. Menu offers predominantly Mediterranean cuisine as well as some international and vegetarian dishes, made with the finest ingredients and gluten free, all prepared in house. Especial didhes: small tofu burgurs with wasabi mayonaise, tuna with celery and pumkins pure or ox tataky with miso sauce. While the homemade desserts, such as chocolate and mascarpone cake, also deserve a special mention. The restaurant prides itself on its warm atmosphere, with great attention to details. Great cart available for celiacs.
Moscow, Russia
“Nice small and quiet place with interesting and tasty dishes”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Small place near Diagonal metro station on a quiet street.12 tables, so in the evenings it's better to make reservation. Non banal food, menu is small but match very well. They have menu del dia (lunch) that was also tasty. Several gluten free dishes and some organic dishes. Good coffee and wine choice. will definitely return.

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Westfield, New Jersey
“Hidden Jewel”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Gut was recommended by the staff at the Hotel Alma (5 star) in response to our request for a healthy but creative meal within walking distance of the hotel. Gut exceeded our expectations on every level--aesthetics, service, food, wine. Beginning with the aesthetic--a charming and small spot off a small lane--we could easily have walked by it. Inside, that great blend of old and minimalist modern, with candles framing the walls at just above the eye level. Food began with wonderful whole grain breads. Meal was exactly what we wanted--fresh grilled fish and squid; fresh vegetable etc.--all very fresh, prepared with alterations if requested. Wine selection was good, with strong and well priced offerings of both Spanish red and white (wonderful, dry sauvignon blanc--complex without sweet or citrus, reminiscent of a good white bourdeaux but at 15 Euro). Excellent desserts, served with a free shot. And the service was charming. So good we went back when our son joined us from Geneva...merited multiple visits during a 5 day trip.

• Visited July 2013
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

This is a great find in a quiet part of Barcelona. It's s great place for folks who need to eat gluten free food.

Good selection of meat, fish and veggie options. Nice atmosphere and attentive staff. Well worth a visit.

London
“Excellent value”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was staying at a friend's house which happens to be right next door to this little gem of a restaurant. The decor is very contemporary which gives a really modern vibe to the place; especially the projected art work onto the wall. I went there for lunch and they have a special lunch menu for only €11 including starter, main, dessert, bread and a choice of drink (wine, beer, soft drink). The quality was very good ans I especially liked the lentils as the starter. The service was friendly and very accommodating, this find is definitely worth patronising!

New York
“The Mussles are amazing!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I found this resturant by accident 2 years ago on my last day in Barcelona. I recently had the opportunity to come back. All I remembered from the last time was that I enjoyed the thai mussels after ordering them again they were even better than I remembered. The generous portion with a side of chips left me licking the bowl and sopping up every last drop. I followed that with the Tuna Tartar which was refreshing as a day at the beach. I only wish I had room for dessert. This is on my must return list. I am a foodie traveling the Med for the summer and this was by far one of the best meals I have had. Truely the pearl in the oyster! Joan the owner was hospitable and attentive and made me feel like I was the only one in the resturant even though it was quite busy. Well worth the trip and looking forward to my next opportunity to visit!