Not only did my husband and I fall in love with Barcelona, but our wonderful chic apt totally added to the pleasure of our trip! I used the kitchen almost every night as I discovered the fish market in the grocery store...and we ate on our little balcony with candles and a pot of marigolds enjoying the activity that went on in the courtyard below us. There was also an elementary school on the bottom floor and we totally enjoyed the sound of school children at recess during the day playing games in Spanish...We found the apt to be very chic and clean, and the bedroom faced a quiet infrastructure courtyard that made sleeping lovely. We also loved the cool electric outside modern shades that even when closed, let in fresh air. The location ended up being perfect for us. We walked to Las Ramblas, but I would never want to stay near that...where we were felt more like being a local instead of a tourist. I also ran along the blvd every morning to the University and back...wonderful walking, strolling bicycling or running street! Not to mention there is a delicious bakery next door that woke us up with enticing aromas early every morning, and where we bought our coffee.
There is a quaint very small elevator I didn't use because I prefer stairs. The only negative thing I would say is that apparently the stairs were not used by anyone else but me including the maids as evidenced by the same dust kitties the entire week.
The staff, personable and helpful, is young and very bright and all seem to be multilingual.
All in all we would highly recommend this establishment, and would go there again in a heartbeat..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eric Vökel Gran Via Suites has been personally and decorated by Eric in a style that is a unique mix of functionality and the beauty of Nordic design with all creativity and spontaneity of Mediterranean design.Light and confort create the spaces in the apartments and have the highest level of ecological efficiency and confort, providing every convenience to make the stay as pleasant as posible. This building is located very close to the city center, Plaza Catalunya and Ramblas is the Eixample neighborhood. Furthermore, it is very easily communicated by public transportation from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Eric Vokel Boutique Apartments - Gran Via Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eric Vokel Boutique Apartments - Gran Via Hotel Barcelona
- Eric Vokel Boutique Apartments - Gran Via Suites Barcelona, Catalonia