“Very good Dining out”
Review of Igueldo

Igueldo
Ranked #441 of 10,349 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Barbecue, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Nice and cozy restaurant. Extremely delicious food !
My 3rd time to this restaurant and it is always a treat.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I tried scallop and beef sirloin, both are delicious. the scallop is so fresh and delicate. It's a big surprise, I really appreciate the atmosphere of this restaurant, people are very friendly. Together with the food, something to complain. The price is reasonable, not overpriced.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I'm a fan of Basque kitchen since I first visited that area 30 years ago. I liked the simplicity, the honest products and … the portions. After reading some good reviews of Igueldo and the fact it has Basque touches we decided to try it out with some friends and it did not disappoint.
I had a Tuna Tataki with horseradish and some fine cut vegetables. The light marinade made the tuna taste pop out even better. Truly delicious, I was ready to reorder.
I was with 3 other carnivores so we decided to share 2 Grilled beef chop. The huge T-bone like steaks were some of the best meat I’ve ever had. With a deep and delicious beef taste. The meat was tender and cooked to perfection and came "bleu chaud". It came with just some grilled red peppers, bread and a salad. Nothing to spoil the sensation.
The restaurant is very nicely and stylish decorated, tables far enough from each other, nice white leather furniture.
Not all staff is equally friendly, but the food was so good I keep that against them this time.
I’ll be back next time in BCN.

1  Thank LukeFields
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were really looking forward to eating here after seeing the menu online and reading the reviews but we were pretty disappointed. On arrival we found the service very welcoming and were seated straight away although we were early. The restaurant was very stylish. We were given a kind of 'hot dog' amuse bouche. We ordered some dishes to share for starters, a couple of half portions and a full portion of scallops because we both like them. A single scallop arrived. It tasted fine and was nicely presented but seemed very mean. For our mains we had the slow cooked lamb and the duck confit. The lamb was tasty but the mash it sat on was a bit too rich and, with no other vegetables, it lacked balance. Maybe it was the translation, but the duck was not confit. Although the meat was flavoursome there was lots of excess skin left on which was rubbery and not crisp at all. Again it lacked vegetables to balance out the flavours, although there was a very nice sauce. For dessert we had an exotic fruit salad, on a biscuit with yogurt icecream and some kind of bitter ice. Each element was fine but I wasn't sure that the combination worked completely. Also there were pips and stalks still left on the fruits. Overall some of the flavours were good and at first glance the dishes looked well presented, but there was a lack of attention to detail. The service was very pleasant throughout the meal. We thought that for what we had and the standard of cooking that it was very expensive, so overall we were disappointed with our experience.

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Following TripAdvisor recommendations I went here with my wife during our visit to Barcelona. The food here was definitely not disappointing and the place is definitely very popular as the restaurant was almost full when we were there. The only negative comment that I have is that some of the staff was not very friendly and found it difficult to crack a smile.