“A special night to remember” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tickets
Ranked #67 of 9,333 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: El Raval
Description: Un original concepto de tapeo en Barcelona, una forma divertida de comer y de entender la vida. ¿Vienes?
Fort Myers, Florida
“A special night to remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We realized by past posts that we needed to get advanced reservations. That was easy and painless, even with the 6 hours time difference. Our dinner was for the night we flew into Barcelona so we were not sure how we would be feeling. We made our reservations for 7:30 on September 3rd, even thought it was early by European standards. Everyone, the door greater, the wait staff and the chefs, were very friendly. I don't agree with the comment the chefs were more the stars than the food. The food was exceptional. It was fun watching all the action in the kitchen but the food was the main attraction for us. I even took along a list of things In Spanish that I did not want to eat (enterals, etc) and was assured those weren't even on the menu. After looking and looking over the menu to see what exactly we wished to order, our waitress made it very easy for us. She suggested we give her a dollar (E) figure we had in mind to spend and she would see that we did not go over that amount, even with dessert. Our "must have" was their specialty olives and they were just that, special in taste and in texture. I cannot begin to name everything else we were offered but I did take pictures of each plate. The presentations were also memorable. Our waitress explained each dish when she brought it to the table and instructed us how to eat it. Some were better in one bite, some were better in half. What a wonderful experience, and one of a kind ! It was also amusing to see that a food critic was at a table that night. He seemed a bit pretentious and "glowed" when more entrees were brought to his table. I am sure Alberto Adria had nothing to worry about and got a great review. If not, the man (critic) had no taste buds.

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent, worth to travel for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is my second time at this retaurant, first time was back in May 2012 with friends and this time was in July with my family, amazing food, creativity and presentation, all the tastebuds at work! excellent service, friendly staff and unique atmosphere, may be it's one of the few places I would like to travel for, even the menu between my first visit and the second was 80% different which I wouldn't have minded, if you get the chance to book, never hesitate to try.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank John51266
Vancouver, Canada
“Creative fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were guided here by diferent sources and we were treated with a fun night out....not quite as fun trying to get a table here though, just call way way ahead. The whole experience was a theatric one where the chefs were the stars as opposed to the food. it was more a treat watching them creating dishes and a sinful shame we devoured them in seconds. It is a experience worth doing once at least.

• Visited September 2013
Antwerp, Belgium
“Exquisite cuisine and excellent tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Without a doubt the best tapas ever!
It's not really an everyday tapasbar, at all! They require a 2 month prior reservation so you better start planning and saving ahead. But then again, that's about the only inconvenience you'll encounter. It's all totally worth it, prepare to be blown away.
This is my personal opinion..
My girlfriend and I decided to visit Barcelona during summer so we started digging out our 'lonely planet' for the best places to visit and eat. Then I saw that one of their highest recommendations was 'Tickets restaurant'. The thing that got my attention though, was the name Ferran Adria. I knew I'd heard that name before.. It struck me. Ferran Adria was the owner of the best restaurant in the world, El Bulli. I remembered that he wanted to keep his cuisine affordable so everyone could enjoy his cooking as well.
They used the same principle for 'Tickets'. IT'S NOT CHEAP, but definately AFFORDABLE.
That's why we started to save up for this restaurant visit, because you know it'll be worth it.
And it was!

When we arrived, they assigned us seats on a counter in front of the cooks. They work with an open cuisine, which means that there are several cooking platforms all over the restaurant with several cooks doing what they do best.
A waiter came up to us and asked if it was our first time here. It was, so he recommended that he would select the tapas for us, accompagnied by some cava.
I would recommend it to everyone.
He asked for our special preferences and dislikes, as well as allergies of course.
We never had to wait for a single dish and our glasses were never empty. We sat there for over two hours and did not wait for anything. GREAT SERVICE!
The only thing though.. If you chose to order the way we did, keep in mind that they will keep serving you all kinds of tapas untill you say it's enough.
We enjoyed about 13 different kinds!
But still had some place left for dessert :)
Desserts are served as tapas as well which makes it fun to try several different ones.

All and all, this was my most memorable restaurant visit ever because they treat you like royals while they act as entertainers. Just perfect!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank 8E7
Antwerp, Belgium
“Another nice concept of the Adria brothers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very good food at a reasonable price. More brasserie but tasty. The interior is flashy and fashionable

Visited September 2013