“2nd visit and still the same tasty pizza”
Review of Restaurant La Poma

Restaurant La Poma
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Restaurant La Poma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,723 of 9,761 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Rambla
Essex
“2nd visit and still the same tasty pizza”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Well this is our 2nd trip to Barcelona and we came back here on the strength of our first experience.

We just wanted something simple on our first night and went for a pizza each, a portion of French fries and a jug of Sangria.

This all came our table very quickly and all four of our pizzas were very tasty, the chips were delicious and the Sangria got knocked back.

The restaurant was clean, service done with a smile. The toilets were nice and the food was great.

Had a nice meal here and would go back again on our next visit. Check out the menu outside if your unsure, it's very near the top of the Ramblas as in a good position.

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Expensive for what it was; not the friendliest”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Accepting that it was a Saturday evening, the waiting times (for all parts of the experience) were longer than they might have been. The food was nice enough, but if a customer orders a pizza and a glass of cava, would providing a glass of tap water really hurt?

Ultimately underwhelming, not helped by initially being given the wrong bill.

• Visited June 2014
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This place does have varied reviews but I have to say that when we visited the food for a table of five was all very good and not, in my opinion, overpriced. The waiter was a bit rushed and not the most engaging but the place was busy and his English was much better than my Spanish! Personally I wouldn't hesitate to try this place again.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jon N
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Ripped Off!!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Having had a very nice lunch here in October 2012, we returned in June 2014 with my sister and brother-in-law, whilst in port for the day during our P&O cruise. We had a nice lunch, the waiter was polite and efficient. However, we asked for the bill which arrived promptly on a metal tray. Whilst my partner and sister went to find the toilets, my brother-in-law and I sorted our cash to cover the bill which came to 54 Euros. We each put down a 20 and a 10 euro note, so that was 60 euros. I beckoned the waiter, handed him the tray complete with the cash and told him to keep the change. He seemed happy with that and thanked me. I then went to find the toilets and passed my partner on the stairs as he returned to the table. When my sister and I got back down, our partners were clearly not happy and explained why, once we got outside. Apparently, the waiter returned to the table with the tray which had a 20, 2 x 10's, and a 5 in euros, and said that there wasn't enough! My brother-in-law had particularly checked the amount, as the notes that I had given him to add to his, had been folded and he straightened them out before putting them on the tray, we were certain that neither of us had put down a 5 euro note. As we couldn't prove it, he put down another 10 euros and gave it back to the waiter. When my sister and I got back downstairs, the four of us left the restaurant. As we passed the window, our waiter was clearing our table and he did not look at all happy. My gut feeling is that this was not his doing but possibly someone else's, maybe the 2 "front of house" men? This experience left us with a very bad impression, not only of La Poma restaurant, but also of Barcelona. We would warn anyone contemplating a meal here to be very careful. We will not be in a hurry to return to this city if this is how they treat their tourists.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank DebraA A
Tampere, Finland
“Delicious pizzas, great views to La Rambla”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Nice place to eat especially if there are free tables by the windows looking onto La Rambla. The decor is rather minimalistic, more functional than pretty. Their pizzas were fabulous! Chicken breast with chips was less tasty. Service was OK, but could have been more attentive as the place was not super packed. It is not a cheap place but compared to many other restaurants on La Rambla I think this is a good option.

• Visited December 2013