ANBA Bed&Breakfast Deluxe
Hotel Claris(Barcelona)
$230
$225
  • Pool
Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona(Barcelona)
$377
$211
$134
$123
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$150
$140
Torre Catalunya
  • Restaurant
El Palace Hotel(Barcelona)
$442
$403
  • Restaurant
All reviewshonesty barmetro stationfree nespresso coffeefirst floorcommunal areasbalcony overlooking the streetother guestsbreakfast was delicioustaxi standmodern bathroomexcellent locationbeautiful roomgothic quarterplaza catalunyaa wonderful staystreet noisesmall hotel
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at the Anba for 4 nights in July 2013. It was a large comfortable room. The breakfast was fantastic. The young staff were very helpful and knew a lot about the great city of Barcelona. The location is terrific, only a few block from Placa Catalonya. We would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We were in room 5. Very nice, with large bed.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LAgumshoe
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in ANBA last week for a very short, but special trip to Barcelona. As I had decided to ask my girlfriend to marry me this trip, I wanted the location to be special. At first I was looking for luxurious hotels to stay during this important moment, but my girlfriend wasn't keen on spending a lot of money for the two-day trip. Obviously she wasn't aware of what I was planning. I finally agreed to book a bed and breakfast and then went on to book ANBA after reading all the great reviews on this site. And what a good choice it turned out to be!

I had already read about the staff being very helpful to the guest and so I decided to contact them to assist me in my plan to ask the 'big question'. Their initial reaction was very welcoming and warm, so I immediately had great confidence they would be able to help me pull of this great surprise.

With the great help of Jessica and Miguel, I had the room beautifully decorated for the big moment. Flowers, candles, chocolate strawberries and so on. They really made the moment even more memorable!

The ANBA bed and breakfast is a true gem in Barcelona. Not the cheapest option, but worth every penny. Rooms are beautifully decorated and the bathroom is marvelous. Oh and did I mention everything is just spotless?! I have stayed in many hotels throughout the world for work, but I have rarely seen a bathroom this nice and clean. All in all the room is just very luxurious. Only thing I could maybe comment on, is the size of the room (we were in no.4), it is not really big. But since we were in the city all day long, this was no issue for us.

The breakfast that was served in the morning was just perfect. Great coffee (nespresso), fresh juice and tasty rolls of different kinds. Also available some nice Jamón Serrano, so really something for everyone to enjoy and get ready for a day in the great city of Barcelona.

We really enjoyed our stay at ANBA and I would definitely recommend it to everyone. It's not the cheapest around, but worth every bit. The location, I forgot to mention, is just great. Very close to the plaza de cataluña and the barrio gotica. Metro station just around the corner which takes you directly to the beaches of Barceloneta(L4).

Thanks again to Jessica and Miguel for their great help and making us feel right at home. We will definitely be back.

Oh and by the way......she said yes ;-)

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Stefan G
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at ANBA as part of our honeymoon this past May 2013. We only stayed for 3 nights because our 4th night was taking a night train out of Barcelona to France. It was our first destination in an almost 3 week trip and we wanted something nicer to come back to after long days. We also wanted a place just to the side of the busy but close enough to get places easily and it was perfect. There is even a train station directly in front. We only used the train the last day since we did not have as much time - otherwise we just walked or grabbed the hop-on-hop -off buses which are touristy but worth it. We also wanted a safe place.

I communicated with the B&B prior to arriving that we would be arriving early (around 11am-12pm) off an overnight flight from the US and they let us know there would be no problem to leave our bags for the day and explained how we go into the building. When we arrived our room was actually ready (they obviously made the effort to get it cleaned quickly and early). In addition, the snacks and wine I requested were already there as well. So, we had chilled wine, a complimentary Cava as well as the food I requested. Instead of dropping our things and running out the door we relaxed and ate the food and hydrated on some water and decided to save the wine for later.

We splurged for the Main Suite room which I believe is the biggest of the 7 rooms. It included a separate bathtub in addition to the bathroom with sink, shower and toilet. There was a good amount of space for 2 people that also included a small round sofa that we actually used for our things, including the armoire. The maid did a wonderful job daily as well. The room included all the amenities we like such as a mini fridge and a safe.

The breakfast is family style. So, you sit at 1 of 2 large tables with other guests. This is harder when you are jetlagged but we enjoyed it. There was a continental spread which is more than adequate but we were offered eggs a couple mornings which was nice too.

The service was wonderful. They were wonderful before I even got there and continued to impress (especially Luis). They were able to answer questions about sites, where to go, suggestions for restaurants and even will allow you to pay and order/print tickets for local attractions. They also let us leave our bags there at the end of our trip for the full day and put them away in a closet (locked) so we could spend the day exploring and come back and grab and go to meet our night train.

The only cons we experienced were that some of the bathroom linens were a bit more worn than they should have been (hole in one of bathrobes) and they needed to provide enough towels to use the bath as well as the bathroom. We found ourselves being careful and reusing at night when relaxing in the tub to ensure we had enough towels for morning. We should have just asked for extra towels.

All and all, we are very happy about our choice and would recommend to anyone we know visiting Barcelona.

Room Tip: Splurge for the Main Suite
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NewtonTravelers
Noemí B, Director General at ANBA Bed&Breakfast Deluxe, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Newton Travelers,

Thank you very much for your cooperation in Tripadvisor sharing your review with the rest of the community.

We are glad to know that you had such a nice stay between us and you enjoyed our Suite room. Thank you for your opinion about our staff, we are pleased that found your room very clean and that the reception team could inform you properly during your visit.

As a B&B one of our deals is to make feel our guests like at home and like or like if they were visiting friends in Barcelona. For this reason we thought that it was a good idea to have large tables where our guests could know each other and share their experiences.

On the other hand, it would certainly have been a pleasure to provide more towels, but thank you to let us know that you missed them.

We look forward to welcome you next time you visit Barcelona.

Best wishes,

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

A small boutique B&B with beautifully designed rooms, an expansive breakfast with fresh squeezed juices, fruit, cheeses, salmon, pastries, eggs, tortes, rice puddings, assortment of meat, cereals etc. The staff are very helpful and accommodating. They had great tips on where to eat and let us stash our luggage after checkout while we took care of rental car issues. Superb.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank 1eccentricgirl
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Centrally located B&B, adjacent to a metro stop. Staff very helpful with restaurant recommendatons, as well as assistance with emergency repairs to a pair of glasses. Excellent breakfast and comfortable queen bed. Relatively quiet. English TV limited, but shouldn't be watching TV anyway!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple