“5 minutes walk from la Rambla and quiet”

Hotel Grums Barcelona
Ranked #197 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights, staff was extremely helpful, pretty much answered all my questions. Room is very big and clean, but the price is quite affordable. The hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood, meanwhile close to la Rambla, almost flawless. We enjoyed ourselves a lot throughout our stay, and the hotel pretty much added value to our entirely trip to Barcelona. Strongly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank multimix

Reviewed June 14, 2013

The hotel was a 10 min walk to the bottom of La Rambla, Port Vell or the funicular to Saint Monjuic/Olympic stadium.

Rooms are modern with a small fridge with water replenished daily.

There's a Lidl supermarket 30 secs away which is handy for water and snacks.

Spa access = additional 9 Euros, not included in room price.

Breakfast at Hotel Grums Barcelona. A hot/cold buffet breakfast is served between 7 AM and 10:30 AM for EUR 15 for adults and EUR 7 for children.

Daniel (Reception) was particularly helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night before a cruise. Hotel is well located. Easy walk to many sites. Very modern look to decor. Rooms quiet and relaxing. Staff helpful. Great little place down the street for breakfast and much cheaper than hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank WVTEX
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed at the Grums Hotel in march and had a pleasant stay. The room was great and modern. Good space. Fantastic to sit outside on the terrace. I can imagine even more pleasant now in june/july and august. The hotel is situated in close walking distance to the Rambla and the city center. Other reviewers have expressed concerns regarding the neighborhood and I really disagree with these concerns. There was NOT scary walking from the Rambla to the hotel at night. There are some teenagers having fun with there skate boards and some sporadic homeless people sitting on benches that we walked by every night. I never felt threatened or scared :) I would say that Grums hotel is located in a quiet and safe area!

We tried the spa twice and it was relaxing both times. A bit crowded on sunday but it did not bother us. If you want to use the sauna you have to visit after 17.30.
The breakfast was good and the staff was helpful and friendly.

Only thing I have to say about service is that there was two/three times the staff knocked our door with room service food that we hadn't ordered. I would make a suggestion to the hotel that they got a better room service routine so they don't knock on the wrong door/ staff getting wrong room number.

I would NOT recommend getting the Foie Gras in the hotel restaurant. My husband got food poisoned. He's a chef and could taste that the Foie Gras might been preserved in a wrong way.
Though, the food I got was good and I didn't get food poisoned. We think it must just have been the Foie Gras and that we were unlucky.

Room Tip: Book a rom with a terrace!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great rooms, great spa, great massage, close to La Ramblas with a short 10 min or less walk. Breakfast was fine, pastry shop next door also great. Professional and helpful staff.

Will definitely stay here again during next visit to Barcelona.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richian
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel is in a prime location only a short walk from all the main attractions of barca.
Rooms are very spacious the decor is new & fresh lovely staff and the indoor swimming pool was so relaxing.
Food was faultless.
If we go back to Barcelona this will always be our hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Victoria P
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had a great time with my friends and fiancé in Barcelona while staying at hotel Grums. However, when returning home (4 hours after checking out), I discovered that I had forgotten two of my dresses in the closet. Since this happened to me once before in another hotel I managed to keep calm, because surely they too would return my belongings to me. This seems not to be the case for hotel Grums. I am now left with sour feelings of a holiday that otherwise would have been wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jorunn S
Managing_Director_13, Director General at Hotel Grums Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear guest,

As you know due our conversation by phone the hotel did follow our procedures in order to double check your forgotten belongings. I did spoke with the staff who made your room that day and her supervisor and no dresses where found on the room. As you said and wrote on Tripadvisor, this is not the first time it happens to you when traveling and staying in other hotels. I have to say that when the hotel founds left belongings we do keep them for 1 month.

Yours sincerely,