Lugaris was perfect for a two-night weekend away, but any longer and we'd start missing towel-changing and room-cleaning service. However, this we knew and that's why there were no disappointments with our stay.
Most things have been mentioned in previous reviews. Here're a couple that mattered to us.
On the plus side:
Location is great - only 5-7 minute walk from Poblenou metro station (yellow line 4), which is 5 or 6 stops away from Jaume I, the Old Town. As we only had hand luggage we decided not to take taxi from the airport. We bought T10 travel cards (a carnet of 10 tickets, which can be used on the airport train as well!), got on the train, 25 minutes later we are in Passeig de Gracia, there we changed over to metro and 30 minutes later we are in the apartment. Taxi from the Old Town at night is about 10 euros.
The flat is in a brand new apartment building, just opposite the beach. I think half of the building is still vacant and for rent/sale. There's a big-ish grocery shop on the way to apartment, so we stocked up on wine and basic breakfast suppllies.
The flat is tiny, probably more fair to class it as a decent size hotel suite rather than flat. But for 2 ppl it's perfect. All new and clean - plates/glasses, dishwasher, nice big fridge - just what we'd expected.
What we didn't like:
They advertise free wi-fi. There's wi-fi in theory, but the signal is so weak and only available in one corner of the flat that it's not fair to even say they have wi-fi. Annoyed me more that it didn't work than if it wasn't available at all.
Minor thing: the shower is good, but the bathtub (where shower is) is tiny and there's no rubber mat to put in it. It gets very slippery and it won't be long before someone slips in the shower, bangs one's head and sues Lugaris for it. Quite rightly too! I mentioned it when we were checking out and hopefully they'll sort it out.
Only 2 bath towels. Quite well-used/cheap ones. For two nights' stay it was enough, but any longer and I'd feel we need more/better/cleaner towels.
Other than that - everything was fine, so even these two niggles won't put us off chosing Lugaris for short trips to Barcelona. Still give it five stars!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We can't replace your home, but we can offer you a space where you feel at home. Lugaris is not just an apartment rental. It is a new concept of accommodation that goes beyond space and time so you can freely enjoy the experience of living in one of the world's most exclusive cities, regardless of the length of your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lugaris Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lugaris Sea The Home Concept Hotel Barcelona
- Lugaris Beach Barcelona, Catalonia