“OK for young party folks”
Review of Pension 45

Pension 45
Ranked #257 of 305 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Lyon, France
“OK for young party folks”
Reviewed November 6, 2007

I had a mixed feeling about this hostal. It is very well located, 2 minutes walk from Placa de Catalunya and 100 meters from Las Ramblas. This location makes the hostal VERY noisy. My girlfriend and I are not
old (29) but we are not either heavy partyers and the first night of our stay there we almost couldn't sleep at all because of the noise in the street and the thin, bad isolated windows. Second night (Sunday
to Monday) was better. The staff there was very nice to us and tried to speak some spanglish to help us a bit.

Breakfast was included but it was a cup of coffee/tea + 2 mini croissants (1/3 the size of regular ones). Now about the rooms. It didn't look so clean even though it was not that bad. There were stains on the bathtub and dust under the bed. Bed was very bad for our
backs.

Overall I'd say it is a great place for people who plan to spend the night out and just want a place to crash. If you are expecting a confortable stay in Barca, do not stay there.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sebwv

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 11, 2007

I stayed at this hotel due to the positive reviews on this site, however, I was not impressed by this place.

The room was really stuffy and at night it was hard to sleep. I don't think there was any A/C available.

We were woken up in the middle of the night by the receptionist, who did not speak English and we had no idea what he wanted... or why he woke us up at 5AM !@#@!#

Location wise this place is good, close to the Ramblas and placa da Catalunya.

However, I'd stay somewhere else the next time I go to Barcelona.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed September 26, 2007

This hotel is really bad, not only it's really dirty, the people there are not nice at all...and they try to take advantage of me seeing that I am a women and didn't speak that great spanish...
I called them and needing a room for one person, they said they only had vailable a double room which was souble the price...when I got there and was waiting to check in, there was somebody else asking for a single room for a night and they had it...so I try to tell him how come he told me on the phone that there were only double rooms and now, there was a guy just getting there now and the room was available...and he tryed to give me a lame excuse...well...to complete the experience, when I went to pay, he charged more then the price he told me over the phone...I felt horrible I was traveling alone, and from reading some of the reviews here I thought it would be a good, cheap and good location place to stay. I wasn't expecting a nice hotel for the price, but at least that the people there would be honest...Trust me, don't stay on that dumpster...

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank dri_dri79
Napoli, Italy
Reviewed September 14, 2007

I'm an italian girl and I was in Barcellona this summer for the first time with a friend of mine.
I arrived in Barcellona just with my baggage and without reservation. I looked for a room and I was in a lot of hostels but finally I chosed one: Pension 45, the best I found in Barcellona!
It is located in a strategical place: you can reach rambla in just 2 minutes by walking and plaza catalunya in maybe 3 minutes.
The hostel is very clean and at the price of 25euro for person in a double you have included breakfast too (Abdel prepare a wonderful napoletan coffè!) until 12 in the morning. The most important aspect as regard as the hostel is its staff: the receptionist man is the best of all the world: friendly, fanny, and very serious!
I will never forget barcelona, pension 45 and the staff of the pension of course.
Thank you A. E.!

• Liked — the staff
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Calgary
Reviewed March 4, 2007

I have nothing but great things to say about Pension 45.
The location is great! It is right close to the action on Las Ramblas, but is located on a fairly quiet street. Our room was very clean, and so were the shared bathrooms.
The staff was also very friendly.
If you want value for your money, this is the place to stay.

• Liked — The friendly staff and the great locatoin
  • Disliked — No air conditioning, but at least the rooms had fans!
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 28, 2004

pension 45 is a nice place if u want to be in the center of barcelona and u have not a lot of money. I live in Barcelona and after months looking for the cheapest rooms i can tell you this is the best!!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 21, 2004

Pension 45 is located on C. Tallers, 45 in the El Raval section of Barcelona, a longish block away from La Rambla (next to Hosteria Grau).
They have 24-hr reception and a mix of small, private double/twin rooms, some with bath and others with a sink. The location is terrific, off the Ramblas so you don't have all the street noise (Tallers is a pedestrian lane), but close enough so you can get to the action in a 5-minute walk. The price is right too: we paid 45 euro for a double with bath, and 27 euro for a single-occupancy twin (they didn't have triples for us). The staff was really nice to us--we arrived too early for our rooms after taking an overnight bus from Bilbao, but they let us take showers in the shared bathrooms. They make you prepay for the night, and speak mostly Spanish (but are really friendly even if you don't). There is free coffee/tea in the TV lounge. The building is kind of old, but with the price as low as it is, not too shabby!

• Stayed March 2004