“We are foodies from sydney & we hate it. Terrible service !! DONT WASTE YOUR TIME & $$”
Review of Forns del Pi

Forns del Pi
Ranked #38 of 123 Bakeries in Barcelona
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Its an afternoon treat for us, we decided to come back as we walk pass pretty much every morning and it always looking fresh.

Bad move!

We went in struggling to make a decision, this lady stirred at us and used her thong to pointed at different food, with her rude tone (or may be lost in translation?? How but??). Anyway long story short, she was very impatience. We finally ordered (a baguette with salami and cheese and
a sweet bread (no idea what it call) and proceeded to the other courter to order our coffee. As we were getting our $ to pay , we were told to "Sit down".

Overall, the bakery was so-so and the service was terrible.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

For del Pi is the worst place I have ever been. The customer service is getting worse and worse by day. I was a regular customer but now I dont recommend it to anyone.. ¡!!!
First, they don’t even greet you.. they make you wait at least 5 minutes (sometimes 10-15minutes).. they look at you at an angry face as you were going to do something bad for them! Do they rejoice that they have a business/work?
You ask for a sándwich and they give you dry bred and they get angry with you saying that this is supposed to be a big sándwich..(but its half of what you pay really).
Really really expensive.. you go somewhere else (5min away) and you pay the double les…
They say they don’t give discounts to neighbours.. but to pólice officers they do without them asking! Can that be called..Bravery!?!!.. I think so!
I dont recommend it to any tourist.. its a rip off!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Have eaten here a few times and had each of their three bocadillos and some more than once. Ham/cheese, tuna and chicken salad. The bread on these sandwiches have been the best bread used for any entrepa or bocadillo or sandwich that I have eaten so far. I believe they make their own bread here. Bocadillos are about E3. We would buy cans of soda at the supermercats in town for 60-65 cents. The ladies behind the counter are so sweet and helpful and patient with my broken Spanglish. I read that they make good coffee and pastries and hot chocolate. I'll have to try them some time, but I found a hole in the wall closer to my hotel for my breakfasts.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The decent pasteries in a regular bakery. It is cheap that is all. The location is at the heart of Barcelona, very easy to find it.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The food was fresh and tasty, the coffee strong. But the highlight was definitely the hot chocolate; it was out of this world, molten and tasty, I can't believe I had two (one with churros)!!! A great stop for breakfast, just off La Rambla.