Stayed here with two friends in October last year as part of a lads trip to Barcelona to watch El Classico. Everything about this place is first class. Easy to get to by public transport from El Prat (the airport) and just a short walk along a main road from the underground station. Check in was efficent and the check in staff were more than happy to make recommendations re bars, places to eat etc as well as provide complimentary maps to the city.
We booked a private three bed room with ensuite, and were alloacated a lovely spacious 4 bed - including one double and 3 singles on the fifth floor with a nice view over the rooftops across the city. Our room was spotlessly clean, with fresh bed linen and could not be faulted.
Breakfast was included in the price - cereals, bread, preserves, ham, cheese, juice, tea and coffee - help yourself and eat as much as you like - with the choice to sit inside or in the open air courtyard at the back, which doubled as a place to sit and drink during the day or early evening if you liked, before heading out into the city. WIFI is also free for those with their own laptos, smart phones or tablets and the hostel has two free PC terminals which we used to book tickets for the Barcelona v Real Madrid match.
Location is great, very central and near to main underground lines that can take you to all parts of the city, as well as plenty of places to eat, drink or pick up supplies from within walking distance. Granted this place is not the cheapest budget option in the city, but as far as value for money is concerned it can't be beaten and in that respect well worth the price. Having stayed in hostels all over the world this is the best i've come across and is better than many budget hotels too. Absolutley first class - I can't recommend highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hostel Casa Gracia is situated in the most emblematic zone of Barcelona. It’s a modernist building typical of the city, completely renovated following an elegant and creative design, leaving a wonderful feeling of home. Founded in June 2010 Casa Gracia offers comfort, fun, tranquillity and security in a central place of the city.Who are we?We are innate travellers wishing to create a hostel which reflects art, simplicity, comfort, everyday luxury. As frequent travellers we know what tourists are looking for when visiting Barcelona. At all times the hostel thinks of its guests. We help you to feel part of the family. We believe a journey is special if the composition of elements function, of which one is to feel good in a place where one leaves ones belongings, where one sleep and relax, in where one ultimately stays. Casa Gracia creates the possibility of your visit to become fun, relaxed and special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Gracia Hotel Barcelona
- Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel Catalonia