Amazing Hotel with just a few not so excellent points (but nothing we worried about).
1. Location is unbeatable!!
2. Great contemporary style (just as the brochure/website suggests)
3. Room (junior suite) great size, clean, good air-con, powerful shower.
4. Roof terrace - views wow, very chilled out.
5. Value for money.
6. Very friendly staff.
The not so excellent but in no way to detract from the experience we had or the many plus points of the hotel. These points are made purely as reference for anyone reviewing and wanting total honesty.
1. Lighting in the room could be brighter. The switching for the lights could be easier to manage - had to get out of bed to turn off feature lighting that switched on beside the bed?
2. The bed was a little hard for my preference - but my wife thought it was fine.
3. It did not bother us at all but you can hear a little street noise - it is a city after all.
4. Whilst the staff were all very friendly a few of them maybe could have been a little more enthusiastic.
Please note - I had to try hard to think of the "not so good" points above. We would definetly return to the Ohla when next visiting Barcelona...no need to look elsewhere!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ohla Barcelona Hotel is a five-star boutique hotel located in the historical center of the city Barcelona, surrounded by three of the city's most popular sight-seeing and shopping areas: the Gothic Quarter, the Born and the Eixample. Inaugurated in February 2011, its location is perfect for tourism, shopping or business, with a fusion of calm serenity and the bustle of downtown Barcelona. The project has left untouched the building's historical facade from 1920 and other listed elements, including the main staircase, while giving the establishment a cutting-edge, minimalist interior design that combines various textures of black, white and oak wood. The building stands out for the sculpture on the facade by world-renowned artist, Frederic Amat. The hotel has 74 rooms, all equipped with a 40-inch TV screen and satellite channels, free Wi-Fi, telephone, safe box with room for a 17-inch laptop, adjustable lighting, individual thermostat, Egyptian cotton sheets, robe, slippers, kettle and minibar. Its culinary spaces are one of the highlights of the hotel, which locals consider great meeting points: Caelis restaurant, awarded with a Michelin star; La Plassohla, 'tapas' and small plates and Vistro 49, a boutique bar specialized in wines and cocktails. The terrace and the enclosed pool, the only one of its kind in Barcelona, have been called one of the best places to relax and enjoy a spectacular view of the city. Meeting rooms, gym, sauna and massage room, internet corner and parking garage are just some of the other services the department of Public Relations can offer to even further personalize each guest's stay and ensure it is an unforgettable experience. In short, a world of experiences that the whole Ohla Barcelona team offers guests looking for a hotel with charm and personality in the center of Barcelona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Ohla Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ohla Barcelona Catalonia