“Wow...best meal in barcelona!”
Review of El Duende De Poble Sec - CLOSED

El Duende De Poble Sec
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montjuic
Description: A sólo pasos de la emblemática avenida del Paralelo y del reinaugurado Molino encontrarás la casa de un duende mágico. Sentirás que te adentras en un bosque alejado de la ciudad, un espacio tranquilo para una cena íntima. Nuestra comida mediterránea con toques creativos deslumbrará tus sentidos y el trato amable y cercano de nuestra familia te encantará. Ven a conocernos. ¡Poble Sec ya tiene Duende!
Hong Kong, China
“Wow...best meal in barcelona!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Before going to magic fountain, my parents and I went to this restaurant. There was only one other table in the restaurant at 8:30pm (that's early in Spain). Restaurant is very clean, cute decor. Food was so good. My dad ordered the grilled chicken, my mother the cod with some kind of orange sauce and I ordered the chicken with cheese sauce and sauteed apples. We shared the first salad on the menu, carmelised tomatoes (best part of the salad, nice touch) with raisins, nuts and greens and it had no dressing which is perfect because I don't eat dressing. Waitress can speak English very well, drinks are really reasonably priced and everything else is too!

Would come here again if I stayed in Barcelona longer! Definitely the best meal we've had in Spain (both Madrid and Barcelona).

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank BHoo1

Barcelona
“Really good meal at a low price”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went to El Duende with my boyfriend and we were the only ones there at a late Wednesday evening. We paid 41 euro for a salad, two mains with steak (and fries on the side) and soft drinks, which is very reasonable. We were pleasantly surprised by how good the food was, and the people who work there are really nice. We can recommend El Duende!

• Visited June 2013
“Delicious food for good price”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We came here after Cararamba was closed.
The only minus was, that we were the only family inside. But the meals were great and the price was absolutly ok. Something else but fried potatoes would have been better, but in summary the meal was very good. The waitrees spoke english very well. I would come back at every time.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place with nice atmosphere!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The restaurnant is a little bit hidden and not so remarkable from outside. But it is very cosy, with great cuisine and cheerful personal!

1 Thank Mostja
Leeds, United Kingdom
“tripadvisor blues”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I use tripadvisor a lot on my travels to find the hidden gems that a normal traveller may miss and mostly it proves a great guide. This time I just can't match the reviews given to my experience. On a Friday night it was dead with only two other tables taken the whole time we were there. The kitchen opens onto the dining area and the only activity seemed to be the opening and closing of the microwave door! This resulted in the starters for the table next to us arriving at 2 minute intervals for each guest as they waited for the microwave to be free for the next starter.

We used the 50% discount off the set menu (pre-booked online) and, to be fair, the "pica pica" starters (four tapas) were actually quite tasty (if not freshly cooked). The main of Ostrich steak was however very dry with little taste. The desert could have come out of any supermarket freezer.

Staff were friendly but not that attentive given the small number of diners.

Based on my experience I would avoid this place but it may have been because it was Easter and the main chef had gone on holiday? If so they should really just close for the weekend and not treat customers this way.

• Visited March 2013