“Personal and great experience!”

My Favourite Things
Ranked #135 of 588 Tours in Barcelona
Reviewed October 11, 2013

So sadly I had to leave my trip early and was unable to do a tour with MFT. But I still wanted to review because Katrien was so great and helpful! She spent a ton of time emailing with me helping me to understand the different tours and answering all my annoying questions- and then even when it was clear I couldn't do a tour, she spent the time to give me restaurant and bar suggestions! If I'm ever back in Barcelona, I will be calling MFT/Katrien again!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

My sisters, in England, my husband and I from Canada, all came together for a trip in Barcelona. We contacted Katrien and booked our apartment, which was out of this world so close to Las Ramblas,but so quiet and beautifully decorated and so much room two beds, two baths, more than we had hoped for, definitely be back, loved it. The walking tour we did with Myft was brilliant, loved our guide, small group of people so you enjoy the tour so much more, heard some lovely, funny and sad stories, visited a yummy cheese shop and got to sample some free cured ham at the big bustling market. Our tour guide sang us a love song at the end of the tour in a private home, which was in the same building as our apartment, her voice was beautiful, such a lovely lady. Katrien made our trip so much easier and more enjoyable knowing someone who knows the heart of Barcelona made our holiday truly memorable.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We started our first full day in Barcelona with a personalised four hour tour. It cost 135 euros and was worth every penny.

Our guide, Carola, was charming, knowledgeable and warm. We had asked for a general orientation to the city with an emphasis on good food, hidden gems and historical sites and we got a great mix. Over the tour we criss-crossed El Raval, El Gotic and Born, staying almost exclusively to the small side streets. We saw architecture through the ages, buildings of note and hidden gardens and palaces. All accompanied by an informed commentary of what we we seeing but in such a light manner it never felt light a history lesson or a parroted script. The food markets were colourful and tasting our first five-year aged jamon was a highlight. The culture and history of Catalonia came alive as we walked; everything from the independence movement, the civil war and Franco to where Columbus showed off his booty from the newly discovered Americas. Just as clear was a feel for how people live today with "the crisis", the seemingly ever interfering city government and the lifestyle today.

The number of restaurants pointed out as good was enormous, often with additional information as to their speciality or help in what to order. Just as important was the information on where not to eat. By the end we were exhausted and in dire need of a good lunch, which we had in a beautiful garden setting in a great restaurant that doesn't appear in Tripadvisor. The perfect hidden gem to end our tour.

1  Thank Aus841
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I recently went on a culinary tour and had a fantastic experience with guide Carola. We appreciate that the tour group is a small number of participants (there was only one other couple, who turned out to be from my hometown!). She was very organized and informative, friendly and accomodating to what we were interested in.

We started with an overview in the famous Mercat due Bouqueria, then headed through the Gothic quarter and El Ribera tasting along the way.

Plus Carola had great insights about the areas of town we were walking through, so we got more than just food info. Learning about the local cuisine really helped us later when ordering in restaurants and buying at the Mercat Bouqueria. A must tour for anyone who likes to eat, especially if you want to enhance your experience with Catalan cuisine.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My two friends and I took the culinary tour in Barcelona offered by MFT. We highly recommend it to anyone who wants a great introduction to the city. Our guide Adriana was fantastic, took us to many areas we would not have seen on our own. She was very knowledgeable about many aspects of the city, took time everywhere we went to share anecdotes, personal experiences, thought on Catalan cooking, ingredients, recipes, where to eat, etc. Especially good was the tour through La Boqueria market which is just so huge it would be difficult to know what to focus on. We had a lot of fun and would definitely book another tour through MFT. Many of their tours sound quite fun, such as the shopping tour, Barcelona through the movies, etc. it was a very reasonable cost for such an informative and enjoyable tour. By the way, wear comfortable shoes, we covered a lot of ground.